Forums

Model S Reservation Tally

Model S Reservation Tally

This thread is intended to track Model S reservations.

If your reservation number is greater than the reservation number listed below, please post the 1) reservation number 2) region and 3) type: Signature or General Production.

Here is an updated collection of the numbers posted by members on various threads (i.e., these numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt):

US
S 249 (March 23, 2011)
P 3,446 (March 25, 2011)
R 218 (January 2011)

Canada
S 69 (March 24, 2011)
P 143 (March 9, 2011)

Europe/Asia
S 55 (January 18, 2011)*
P 448 (March 28, 2011)

Hong Kong
P 1 (March 23, 2011)

Australia
P 17 (January 21, 2011)

S = Signature Series (Model S)
P = General Production (Model S)
R = Roadster Owner/Friends and Family

* = On March 1, 2011, a Tesla member posted, "Got the following info from Tesla some days ago: In Europe they have reduced the Signature down to 500 and approximately 70 have been reserved." While 55 is a confirmed/posted reservation number from this forum, the 70 has yet to be verified by the actual European reservation holder.

Mycroft | December 2, 2011

I upgraded to Sig in October. Just went from #510 to #RN071955.

Volker.Berlin | December 2, 2011

I'm sure they used some kind of random number to make it impossible to track reservations, as we did in the past. (sven.leser)

Very likely. It not only saves them from being tracked wrt the number of reservations. It also removes all the expectations that people tend to have associated with an ordinal scheme -- like earlier orders would be delivered first. Sounds trivial, but it has created a lot of stir for Tesla in the past, particularly wrt the 160 miles pack that will not be available in the beginning.

Robert.Boston | December 2, 2011

OK, my first attempt to decode the reservation numbers is clearly wrong, and with the small sample set we've got here, I cannot see any pattern in the numbers. Mycroft's # has me completely stumped.

psirnes | December 2, 2011

I used to be EU SIG #52 now I am #RN039552
Anyone dechiffered the new code system?

Benno | December 2, 2011

i'm slightly shoked. So far my sequence Nr. was S7 (!) in switzerland. Now i'am RN 006721. which means i will get the car in 20 years or so.

Thumper | December 2, 2011

I went from P3807 to RN052950. The last four digits are my house number. Is that coincidence? I think we're going to need a lot of data to crack this. Tesla has their reasons for decoupling hard expectation from delivery performance.

The last four digits are my house number. (Thumper)

LOL! My number coincides with my shoe size multiplied with the birth year of my mother-in-law. :-P

discoducky | December 2, 2011

Reserved in early Jan 2011, used to be P2842, now I'm #RN020984

Thumper | December 2, 2011

Volker.B very good. I think we'll need more data than I thought!

Robert.Boston | December 2, 2011

My number coincides with my shoe size multiplied with the birth year of my mother-in-law. :-P
Ah, but my new number is prime, so that excellent theory is foiled.

There are 4 US P holders who have posted so far:

US P#
RN#

I can't see any pattern here. If you drop the last digit of the RN, then the middle two above maintain a nearly constant gap (95 delta-P, 89 delta-RN), and it's also dimly possible that my P1635 is now the 1033rd US production vehicle still with an active reservation. But P3807-->RN52950 blows up.

I think it's all a distraction. They're trying to keep us occupied and busy while they work on the interior and options. :)

ModelS3P | December 2, 2011

The RN# on My Tesla is the same as on the original e-mail I got after placing my reservation (so this isn't a new number). The RSN (sequence number) came in a separate e-mail a few days later. I think both are still valid.

EdG | December 2, 2011

"But let's get the interior straight, first! ;-)"
"while they work on the interior and options."

Are you still talking about the interior design of the mug? :)

michiganmodels | December 2, 2011

@eBrettjeannean - When did you receive your initial email?

TJK | December 2, 2011

I went from P3703 to #RN048976.

When I reserved the car in April, I got an email with the same #RN, then a followup email with my P#.

If it means anything, the first two digits are the same as my birth month and the month I reserved the car....

brianman | December 2, 2011

@eBrett
"The RN# on My Tesla is the same as on the original e-mail I got after placing my reservation"

I'm assuming he is referring to the "Tesla Model S Signature Confirmation"‏ mail that includes "As soon as we receive your payment, we will contact you with your Reservation Sequence Number."

For me, the number in that email is *higher* than the current number shown in My Tesla.

So it's not that simple, but he may be on the right track though.

Initial e-mail was the Tesla Model S Confirmation e-mail I got the day I placed the reservation online, so 10/27/11 in my case. I received the sequence number in an separate e-mail the next day.

In my confirmation e-mail, it states "Your Confirmation Number is: RN131882." That is exactly what is showing on My Tesla page now.

@brianman, that's interesting. I reserved a general production, not sig, but I can't imagine that would be a reason why yours changed from your initial order. Did you upgrade, or was this your only reservation?

Brad Holt | December 2, 2011

I noticed the site was down for maintenance last night for a bit, and I have now changed from P#4559 to RN#092809.
What the what? I was really hoping I'd wake up to a completed Design Studio! #iwish

engle | December 2, 2011

Mine changed from
P#4491 to #RN089414. I reserved on August 1st this year. 08? Hopefully they are getting ready to rollout all the options and their pricing in the Design Studio...

Mystery solved. The RN number is just a unique number assigned to all reservation holders. They are revamping parts of the website and according to inside sales, they are working to add the sequence numbers back onto the My Tesla page.

The sequence numbers will be subject to change later as they compress the stack. But the RN number will stay the same.

CPM | December 2, 2011

Mycroft, when you had inside sales person on the phone did you get an update on PRICING! This is my Xmas gift to myself so I need to match my option selections to equal the gift to my wife.

michiganmodels | December 2, 2011

@Mycroft - Thanks for the update.

The Froq | December 2, 2011

Some of us payed 40.000 dollar two years ago......can't Tesla be a little bit more friendly to their customers?

I understand they can't give any specific information but why leave us without any information at all.

David M. | December 2, 2011

No need to freak out. Look at today's posting by Mycroft. That's the correct answer. Numbers have not changed.

Chad, I think you'd better add diamond earrings to your wife's gift. Better make that LARGE diamond earrings. LOL

Tesla | December 2, 2011

Mycroft is correct. We made some web changes last night including some changes to MyTesla. We used to post your Reservation Sequence Number to MyTesla. Now we post your Reservation Confirmation Number. We are working right now to update MyTesla to show you both numbers. We hope to get this done in the next 24 hours.

More Info:

WHY TWO NUMBERS?

Your Reservation Confirmation Number is the number we use to track your account. If you ever need to call us, we'll ask for this number to quickly pull up your account details.

Your Reservation Sequence Number indicates your place in our reservation queue and the order in which you'll be invited to finalize your Model S configuration, options, and packages.

--

Hope this helps.

Hey Tesla, greatly appreciated! Thanks for chiming in!

"Your Reservation Sequence Number indicates your place in our reservation queue and the order in which you'll be invited to finalize your Model S configuration, options, and packages."

Notice that this is NOT the order in which your car will be *delivered*. That will be determined by the configuration, options, and packages that you choose.

When they finally post the options on the website, I wonder if they'll have notations about the ones that may delay production. For example the 160 mile battery. Dell does that with their computer configurations. Sometimes a part is on back order and they'll have a notation that if you select that option, then there may be a delay in shipment.

jackhub | December 2, 2011

Hey! We just got confirmation that someone at Tesla reads these discussions. That's comforting.

David70 | December 2, 2011

Well,
I went from U.S. P#1649 to #RN010438
That's quite a jump from Robert's 1635 vs 10331, but still "ball parkish" in agreement.

David70 | December 2, 2011

OK, I just finished reading the rest of the thread more closely.

I guess the numbers make some sense for U.S. production.

But the 438 vs 331 doesn't jive as there should only be a difference of 14 between Robert's order and mine instead of 109. There's something else to their code. Did the total order number for the world increase by 109 during that interval? Seems very unlikely.

brianman | December 3, 2011

"Your Reservation Confirmation Number is the number we use to track your account."

Perhapss I'm reading it too loosely, but this looks to me like it could be as broad as "you created a login and clicked configure at least once, ever, in design studio OR initiated the reservation process and didn't even complete it."

I think it's premature for people to read too much into "hey the RSN gap is different from the RCN gap" observations.

Robert.Boston | December 3, 2011

I still have the feeling that the last digit of the RN is a non-sequential code/check-digit/etc. That interpretation puts David70 and me are only 10 apart in RN, 14 apart in P number -- which could easily be explained by speed with which we returned paperwork or the like.

The Froq | December 3, 2011

Hello Tesla! That didn't hurt, did it.

Thanks for the information. Hope to see you more often in the future.
We all have some questions about.....pricing, options, interiour and so on.

If you keeps us on the right track every now and then.....

rdgreene | December 3, 2011

I don't think there is much to find from the RSN ... in my case S580 turned to an RSN over 162000.

Carmine | December 3, 2011

I reserved Sequence #P741 in May, 2009 and more recently I reserved Sequence #S714; however, I have just 1 (one) RN which is RN#005620 for both Model S cars. So, don't read too much into the new RN#. I think it's just a way for Tesla to track individual customers and has nothing to do at all with your Model S sequence number.

Mycroft | December 3, 2011

Exactly

xhawk1011 | December 3, 2011

Darn, looks like they foiled our fun of tracking in this thread!

Volker.Berlin | December 3, 2011

Darn, looks like they foiled our fun of tracking in this thread! (xhawk1011)

Only temporarily. As Tesla(!) has mentioned above, the sequence numbers should be back soon.

VolkerP | December 5, 2011

Great thing that the stir Tesla created finally led to a statement clearing up things...

But as always with the TM web site, promised updates fail to appear within the announced period. 24h have passed and the "mytesla" page still shows RN. And "Muir red" hasn't appeared in the design studio (was mentioned shortly after Oct 1 event) - I guess Tesla reckons to sell Signature cars to those people wanting a red car by that (non-)move...

Mycroft | December 5, 2011

I think they didn't get the website changes done before the weekend. We'll see in a day or two. As for the red, that won't happen until they announce options & pricing.

Mycroft | December 7, 2011

Sequence numbers are back on the "My Tesla" page.

Kallisman | December 7, 2011

Yep. I haven't seen that number for a year on my page, and now that it's finally back it has changed. I used to be EU P299, but now it says #189. So looks like I jumped up 110 places:)

Timo | December 7, 2011

That's not necessary a good news for TM. It could mean a very serious drop in reservations. Maybe European people are a bit concerned about pricing.

Volker.Berlin | December 8, 2011

Timo, I don't have a better explanation, but I don't buy yours either. Why would someone who had the guts and the money to place 4k Euro on a 100% refundable reservation for a non-existent car offered by a niche company, pull the money out of that reservation now, when the company becomes increasingly more likely to succeed and the roll-out of the Model S gets nearer every day?

I could understand it by the time someone has to commit to the purchase. At that point, the reservation holder may find that Tesla's prices are too high or that in the mean time a competitor has emerged that better fits that persons needs. But why would someone cancel a reservation, particularly a low reservation spot, that he or she does not yet have to commit to? Even if someone considers canceling the reservation, it seems only reasonable not to do so until the last minute.

Sorry, I don't get it.

Peter Spirgel | December 8, 2011

My U.S. #S620 did not change.

michiganmodels | December 8, 2011

This thread is intended to track Model S reservations.

If your reservation number is greater than the reservation number listed below, please post the 1) reservation number / date received 2) region and 3) type: Signature or General Production.

Here is an updated collection of the numbers posted by members on various threads and forums (i.e., these numbers are to be taken with a grain of salt):

US
S 725 (November 28, 2011)
SSL 215 (November 29, 2011)
R 270 (June 1, 2011)
P 6,000 (November 25, 2011)

Canada
S 104 (November 17, 2011)
P 233 (November 17, 2011)

Europe/Asia
S 126 (November 14, 2011)
P 568 (November 16, 2011)

Switzerland
S 14 (October 20, 2011)

UK
S 13 (May 21, 2011)

Hong Kong
S 2 (April 27, 2011)
R 2 (July 9, 2011)
P 1 (March 23, 2011)

Australia
S 9 (April 10, 2011)
P 10 (June 5, 2011)

Total: 8,292 - November 29, 2011

S = Signature Series (Model S)
SSL = Signature Special List (Model S)
R = Roadster Owner/Friends and Family
P = General Production (Model S)

David70 | December 8, 2011

My U.S. P #1649 didn't change either.

I wonder if more European drivers upgrade to Sig. version. OTOH,
it seems unlikely some U.S. reservation holders below 1649 didn't also upgrade to Sig.

Pages