I live in the Swiss alps and am a driver of electric vehicles for 8 years now. The love affair started with an electric scooter I built myself, then I moved to chinese electric scooters. A year ago I made the move to 4 wheels, which in my case happened to be a Citroen C-Zero (= iMiev). This vehicle safely carried me over 6'000 miles over the last 8 months with lots of snow and very low temperatures down to -4 F. Even though a very small vehicle, it carried my wife, son and me to many skiing resorts over the weekends and to work during week, which in my case is a 44 miles round trip, charging at home overnight.
I am a Tesla shareholder and really hope Tesla will not only make trucks, SUVs and large limos!
So here is my wish list for a compact Tesla:
- 30-40 kWh battery (Shame on Citroen for reducing the iMiev 16 kWh to 14.5 kWh.... don't even think about heating in the winter unless for very short trips)
- Top speed 90 mph, acceleration 0-60 mph in 9s
- low power consumption when sitting idle in the cold garage (not the reported 5 kWh or so per day of Model S = my C-Zero average daily consumption including driving)
- thermally well isolated, efficiently heated & cooled cabin (nothing like the Mitsu nonsense boiler / heat exchanger system sitting in the cold without insulation)
- thermal management of battery (preferably as efficient as Bollore Bluecar with its LMP battery)
- 5 seats / 4 doors
- compact outside, spacious inside (Mitsu: congratulations for iMiev, this one will be hard to top! .. I wouldn't mind if it where a bit bigger though)
- single phase charging for home use with programmable power setting 1-3 kW and charging times
- fast charge option, preferably Chademo (A very nice and reasonably dense Chademo charging network is up and running in Switzerland, this really rocks and makes even a 14 kWh battery bearable!)
- sticker price in CH <35k CHF (<30k USD in US)
What are your experiences, wishes?