Forums

New Tesla Innovation 2019: Tesla “SuperCharger” Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: Independant (To-Grid) Power-Source:

New Tesla Innovation 2019: Tesla “SuperCharger” Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: Independant (To-Grid) Power-Source:

New Tesla Innovation 2019:
Tesla “SuperCharger” Electric Vehicle Charging Stations:
Independant (To-Grid) Power-Source:
-Vortex Bladeless Wind Turbine (Tacoma)
-Great for Remote Access (Highways/Etc.)

See Design Image Here:

https://twitter.com/jay_bee12345/status/1092484089632845830

Let's discuss the viability and challenges here!

Thank you.

Jaswinder Brar.
JSB23@hotmail.CA

TeslaTap.com | February 4, 2019

What a confusing post. Does not appear to be anything to do with something from Tesla. Doesn't explain what it is or what it does or what you want to accomplish. At least it doesn't appear to be spam. Just a picture with no useful information other than the confusing text in the thread post above.

Xerogas | February 4, 2019

It’s a wind generator, I guess? Not really specific to Tesla, and would require massive battery backup to handle the needs of a supercharger.

Jaswinder Brar | February 4, 2019

Thanks XeroGas your elaboration of thought is helpful. I am busy now but look forward to discussing with you at a later time! Best!

Jaswinder Brar | February 5, 2019

Thanks again @XeroGas I just decided that mounting the Mini Tacoma Vortex Bladeless on to the Vehicle (Fold-Up System for When EV Parked) Exterior would be an alternative solution:

See Details & Image Here:
https://twitter.com/jay_bee12345/status/1092700507871666177

https://vortexbladeless.com/

blue adept | February 5, 2019

I will say one thing...

You're going about it all wrong.

Never mind automotive applications, I don't think it would be feasible in a strictly environmental setting either, though the gimbal system is unique.

But don't stop thinking and/or trying!

reed_lewis | February 5, 2019

I think that this is more applicable to a fixed solution like windmills now. The amount of power which would be generated by a small device that could possibly be attached to a car would result in about 5 miles of range in a few hour. Not very useful. It is kind of like the solar panels on the roof of an EV. It does not give you enough power to pay for itself.

Jaswinder Brar | February 5, 2019

@BlueAdept Although I disagree with your regards.. I sincerely appreciate your encouragement... You're always welcome to elaborate! Thank you.

@reed_lewis Think about 8 hours of wind power charging your car while youre at work...

reed_lewis | February 5, 2019

Well, in my underground garage at work, it would give me about zero miles of range. :) In my garage at home, again zero miles of range.

But in most cases the amount of power you could get from a device that could fit on the top of the car is still minimal unless you have a sustained 30 MPH wind. And even then it would be minimal.

Furthermore, I doubt anyone would want that on the top of their car. It would be ugly. Plus with the snow and ice we have here in New England it would become iced and not work anyways.

RedShift | February 5, 2019

A device like this would add weight and drag if fitted on top of a vehicle. Parking next to another big vehicle or another such equipped with windmill will be a problem.

Not practical.

milesbb | February 5, 2019

Really really stupid.
These folks: https://vortexbladeless.com/vortex-europe-horizon-2020/
are hoping to build a 2.75 meter proto type (9 foot) which is about the size in the linked picture. They hope to get 100 watts name plate. When calculating actual average power production from a wind generator you can get at best 1/3 of the name plate rating when the generator is placed in an optimum wind location. So if you park your car in an optimum wind location (and nobody does) you could average up to 33 watts of power or 0.13 miles per hr charging speed. I believe this generator needs a very rigid mount to get this generator to oscillate, so the Tesla would likely need to be retrofitted with a way to lock down the car suspension when parked.

My dream car is one that I can park on a very windy remote bluff, lock down the car suspension, raise the wind generating pole and wait 750 hours to get 100 miles of range added. Sorry forgot about parasitic battery losses.

Yodrak. | February 5, 2019

"I doubt anyone would want that on the top of their car. It would be ugly. Plus with the snow and ice we have here in New England it would become iced and not work anyways."

And watch out for low-ceiling parking garages and low overpasses.

TeslaTap.com | February 5, 2019

@yodrak - that's why the contraption should go into motor mode while driving. With titanium blades, perhaps it can cut through obstacles - high voltage tension lines, low hanging signs, street lights, etc. Cement bridges may be difficult though.

Ok, obviously I'm not seeing the value, but I've been wrong before. All the more to the OP if he can make it all work and find a market for it.

kcheng | February 5, 2019

My understanding is that these cylindrical turbine generators don't generate much electricity. The solar panels over some supercharger stations is probably a better bet.

Jaswinder Brar | February 6, 2019

Thanks Everyone!

I've also conceptualized a "Tesla Trailer Mount" for the "Vortex Bladeless" Wind Turbine.

Design Image Here:

https://twitter.com/jay_bee12345/status/1093158060355289089

Does this fancy any reconsiderations of Auto. Applications, on your ends:

@XeroGas @blueadept @reed_lewis @RedShift @milesbb @Yodrak @kcheng @TeslaTap.com

?

Thanks again!
Jaswinder Brar.

RedShift | February 6, 2019

No.

reed_lewis | February 6, 2019

The amount of drag and power consumed to pull that trailer along would far exceed any power you could generate from the small windmill.

But at least you are not trying to generate power from a windmill while driving....