No fire!

No fire!

There was no fire at Fremont


JPPTM | November 13, 2013

Official statement:

There was a failure in a low pressure aluminum casting press. Three employees were injured by hot metal from that press. We are making sure that they receive the best possible care.

JPPTM | November 13, 2013

Quote from SJ Mercury News:

"We had an equipment failure with an aluminum casting machine, which spilled hot metal on three people," Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk said in an e-mail. "Two (workers' injuries) sound relatively minor, one more serious. (I) am going to visit them in the hospital later today and will personally ensure that they receive the best possible care."

DallasTXModelS | November 13, 2013

Dead video link.

shop | November 13, 2013

I wonder if it was one of the giant schueller presses that failed, or one of the smaller ones.

JPPTM | November 14, 2013

Casting machine...not a stamping press.