I was planing on ordering a Model S85 in Sept. The recent discussion on Drive Unit replacements has got me a little concerned, and I might wait a while longer before ordering one. But, I don't want to wait. So, I'm putting up this poll to help me and, probably, others decide. This is a poll only. Comments, conjecture, etc. should go in other threads.
If you've never had a problem, I would especially like to know that, too. Here goes.
1. How long have you had your MS?
2. What model is it?
3. How many miles on it now?
4. Have you had the drive unit replaced?
5.If so, at what mileage? Please note the number of times and at what mileage for each, if more than once.
6.For what reason, i.e. noise, clunking, or outright failure.
7. If you have had problems, are you still glad you bought the car? (Still grinning?)
8. If you have more info about your experiences that you feel is helpful for us, who are about to buy one, please go ahead.
When this thread peters out, I will post the results.