Forums

Replacement wipers - 2017 90D

Replacement wipers - 2017 90D

The other day my passenger side wiper just fell off the arm while I was backing out of the driveway! I managed to jimmy it back on but the plastic clip is damaged now and I don't think it'll last long.

I'd like to be able to replace both wipers myself - the mechanism and hose hookup is easy to figure out - however, lots of places are selling so called "Tesla X" wipers but they do not have the wiper fluid hookup nor the holes for the fluid to spray out of. I've had to return a set to AutoZone due to misleading advertising.

Are these available anywhere or do I have to bring it in to Tesla? This is something I sincerely hope to avoid due to very long turnaround times and surprise costs.

Redmiata98 | March 9, 2019

There should not be a charge for the replacement because you should still be under warranty. How much were your quoted to replace the wiper @ Tesla?

dmm1240 | March 9, 2019

For crying out loud, I just Googled and Autozone and other parts places stock them. Price is $53.99 for a pair @ Autozone.

I don’t know where this predatory Tesla service center you characters complain about is because the two I’ve used locally have been nothing short of outstanding. One waived the fee to fix a flat tire because it took 1/2 longer to get to it than promised. I wanna know where this little shop of horrors is because I think it’s a unicorn.

dmm1240 | March 9, 2019

For crying out loud, I just Googled and Autozone and other parts places stock them. Price is $53.99 for a pair @ Autozone.

I don’t know where this predatory Tesla service center you characters complain about is because the two I’ve used locally have been nothing short of outstanding. One waived the fee to fix a flat tire because it took 1/2 hour longer to get to it than promised. I wanna know where this little shop of horrors is because I think it’s a unicorn.

morgan | March 10, 2019

dmm1240 you didn't read my post.

"lots of places are selling so called "Tesla X" wipers but they do not have the wiper fluid hookup nor the holes for the fluid to spray out of. I've had to return a set to AutoZone due to misleading advertising."

I've also found dozens for sale - I'm sure they will fit but the wiper fluid won't work. If anyone has found any for sale online I'd appreciate it.

As a last resort - of course I'll call Tesla but I've routinely been hideously overcharged for simple things (like getting 2 new tires and a simple inspection). They take way longer than they ever tell you on the phone. Yes, they will cover maybe a rental or Lyft but it's a matter of principle. I ought to be able to change my own wipers or get them changed at AutoZone without being out of car for days. Maybe this particular shop is over booked and understaffed. I'm glad the rest of you have had flawless experiences.

Vawlkus | March 11, 2019

As far as I am aware, you cannot get replacement wipers outside of Tesla itself; all the parts places have blades that come without the windshield washer hookups.

I got a spare set during my last service visit so I have them with me should I ever need them.

Passion2Fly | March 11, 2019

I got my wiper blades replaced for free by the SC. I just asked them nicely...