Forums

TeslaCam issues after 2019.5.15 update

TeslaCam issues after 2019.5.15 update

I updated to 2019.5.15 yesterday and my TeslaCam now has a grey X on it. I pulled the USB drive and did a quick format, and put the TeslaCam folder back and it still did not work. This morning I tried a full format and the same thing. Anyone else having issues? It worked flawlessly until the update yesterday.

Hal Fisher | March 13, 2019

Mine still works after the upgrade to 5.15. I’ll wait till it goes gray to determine the cause. I have about 24gb drive, and maybe a weeks worth of driving on it.

gmkellogg | March 13, 2019

My wasn't working when I updated, turns out it had filled up the drive for some reason. Format should have fixed it if it was that issue. Did you add both the folders back on after the format?

drewstockman | March 13, 2019

Both folders? I added back the TeslaCam folder. I thought that was it?

EVRider | March 13, 2019

Did you reboot?

I have a cache folder now post 5.15

drewstockman | March 13, 2019

Guessing the cache folder must be auto created? None of the instructions online say to create that folder. I will try hard rebooting after work and see if maybe that clears it up.

Might be. Could be related to the sentry mode. I'm actually getting a 128GB drive delivered tomorrow.

scherer326 | March 13, 2019

I fixed was found via Reddit forum which I wanted to share:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/index.html download it, run your flash drive thru it and now the Red circle appears againl

scherer326 | March 13, 2019

hopefully Tesla has been made aware and maybe they can issue some sort of fix in the next software update if people are still having issues.

vts747 | March 13, 2019

Mine was working fine after update, then died this morning. When I checked it the disk was full and had a ton of clips from Sentry mode and also gigs worth of "recent" stuff. I've deleted everything and it seems to work again. Why did it not overwrite the "recent" stuff as before? Is it a bug?

rxlawdude | March 13, 2019

Yep, it seems to be CONTINUOUSLY recording, without regard to Sentry mode.

swanson21 | March 13, 2019

Yes, mine is recording constantly until full, about 20 mins, then the dreaded grey appears for the dashcam icon, erase it again, then it works again, for about 20 mins...argh

kevin_rf | March 13, 2019

Earlier, some people mentioned you need a decent quality drive with this update. You are now storing three video streams.

Might be worth looking into.

swanson21 | March 13, 2019

Without having sentry mode activated on phone or car I've got tons of video of recording of my garage walls and wife's parked vehicle, no movement, not even a mouse...why after waiting so long for the update have they not fixed the BUGS!