Forums

SOON, finally (silver touch-up paint)

SOON, finally (silver touch-up paint)

When I purchased by car in April 2015, I wanted some touch-up paint. I was told it was out of stock and will be available "soon."
37 months later, soon arrived. To Tesla's credit, they really did put me on a mailing list to advise me when it came in.

Dear Tesla Customer,

Thank you for your continued patience with the development of the Midnight Silver Metallic (PMNG) Touch-Up Paint. We are pleased to announce that a new Paint Repair Kit has been released and is now available in the online shop. We have included a link below to the product page, for your convenience. Please remember to select your preferred color from the drop-down menu. If you would like to confirm which color will match your vehicle best, please refer to the 4 letter paint code located on the label attached to the driver side door.

Model S/X/3 Paint Repair Kit

This new kit contains all the tools and materials needed to repair paint chips in a single package. An instructional booklet is included with the kit, however, we have also included a short instructional video on the product page should you like to see the Paint Repair Kit in action before application.

1 x Instructional booklet
1 x 0.5 oz. bottle of OEM Paint
1 x 1 oz. bottle of Blending Solution
1 x squeegee (used for large application needs)
1 x micro brush
1 x ultra brush
1 x wiping cloth
1 x micro fiber towel

We thank you again for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Online Orders, Vehicle Accessories

6800 Dumbarton Circle, Fremont, CA 94555

onlineorders@tesla.com

shop.tesla.com

lilbean | 11 mai 2018

Awesome. Thank you. Got it.

Mathew98 | 11 mai 2018

Didn't anyone inform you that touch up paints would arrive 12 - 18 months after rivets???

barrykmd | 11 mai 2018

Matthew - still late. It's more like 30 months since rivets.

Tropopause | 11 mai 2018

When I bought my pearl white touch up paint three years ago, it was simply a paint tube with a small applicator brush; no kit. Nice to see the kit you mentioned. If you’re like me, that touch up paint will do you no good and end up in the workbench drawer. I couldn’t get descent results. Maybe that’s the reason the kit came to be.

JAD | 11 mai 2018

Most of the touch up kits on the market have exact matches for Tesla colors. No need to wait, just order on Amazon with your paint code.

emperor_of_weasels | 30 mars 2019

Looks like the midnight metallic silver is out again. Need to get this for mine.

sjk917 | 16 avril 2019

Is there a current waiting list for midnight metallic silver? How do I put my name on the list?

shagberg | 20 juillet 2019

If you go to the Tesla Shop website (https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/model-s_x_3-pai...), select your paint color and if it says 'Sold Out', it will give you the option to "Email me when this item is restocked".