What are the end goals when the shorts are in collusion mode to spread FUD along with certain hedge fund managers? There are less then two weeks to go till the next quarterly earnings call. There are several actions that made no sense but they found every excuses to attack the company and its share prices.
- What did Elon's Twitter war have to do with stock prices? It didn't stop the shorts from piling on and go on the offensive.
- Why was every bit of positive news countered by some superfluous "bad news" the very next day?
o Building the GigaFactory 3 in China was a big deal to avoid the newly imposed 40% tariff on foreign imports to China. Of course all the naysayers would come out in drove to criticize about losing American jobs. Say what? Ever heard of local consumption? Go back to keeping your heads in the sand please.
o Munro backtracked his previous foul, negative opinion and acknowledged M3 have been hitting 30% profit for each car so far based on the complete tear downs of several cars. The very next day, a slew of articles quoted a two bit analyst for doubling M3 cancellation rate. Did the anal-yst pull the number out of his crack? Tesla stated his estimates to be completely off his rockers.
- Why was there a need for a sell side analyst to downgrade the stock with less than two weeks till the earnings call? Most reputable analysts would gather the information from the Q2 release and earnings call to make their informed recommendations. Yup, you guessed it, all the shorts came out of the woodwork and pile on the attack once again.
o Elon just tweeted 7K new orders last week. 2K MS/MX and 5K M3 NET order.
- Now that JP Morgan reiterated the price target to $180 again. Guess they were a bit vindicated from $360. Still, it is a bit of odd timing to repeat their awful prediction when it has been wrong so long. Other EV's will be introduced at lower price points in the next few years.
o Next few years? Seriously? What about now?
o So they have more crippled EV's, so what? Where are their fast charging stations? Still none to be found.
o Consumers will have more choices with more EV's but how exactly do they automatically become Tesla competition? Just the EV chasis? Just because they have four wheels? What about styling, power, range, storage, price, prestige, and service?
o Do Yugo still compete with Bugatti?
- Let's not mention all the spam in the fora over the last couple of weeks. Once can only imagine the purpose of the repeated attacks.
There's a saying about all the Chicken Littles running wild and calling for doomsday... I know where to place my dry powder, what about you?