Forums

Daytime "Signature" Headlight Out

Daytime "Signature" Headlight Out

I had the daytime running light that the manual refers to as the "signature" light go out a few weeks ago in one of my headlights. The service center replaced it no problem, but now it looks like my other headlight is having the same problem. I started looking around on my drive home and noticed a lot of other model 3s having one of the lights out too. Has this been reported anywhere as a known manufacturing issue with the headlights?

mthomtech | 7 août 2018

It's funny that you mentioned that, because I noticed in a reflection it looked like one of mine had gone out. However, I tried to troubleshoot it when I got home, and it looked like everything was working properly. I'll have to check again.

rbutler | 7 août 2018

Yes, there's threads somewhere on it, I think there may be a technical bulletin out from Tesla on it.

barszap | 7 août 2018

Anyone have links to the thread or bulletin? I tried searching and came up empty.

Scrutmonkey | 7 août 2018

I have my Driver side 'dimming." But I noticed that it is on, but it appears the LED array where the light reflects out is misaligned. If I have someone in the car and bend down to look at the array on each sides separately, My Driver's side doesn't shine out and it appears there is a misalignment for that portion of the headlight unit.

I've just been to lazy to contact Tesla and have the unit replaced.

Scrutmonkey | 7 août 2018

Sorry, correction...there is light, but it is not focused through the array for full viability.

mthomtech | 7 août 2018

@Scrutmonkey - that's exactly what I'm seeing ... it's not reflecting out of my driver's side light the same. I just noticed it one day in a reflection and started trying to figure it out. It's not as obvious unless you get down level with the headlights and notice the reflection difference. Maybe worth a visit to the SC.