Forums

The Uninhabitable Earth by David Wallace-Wells

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/feb/27/the-uninhabitable-earth-re...

A must read to anyone who plans to live on Earth for more than 30 years.

jimglas | 4 avril 2019

climate change mass migration has already started

jimglas | 4 avril 2019

Piers Corbyn is an astrophysicist who regularly speaks at climate science denial events.
Who cares what other facts he denies?

jimglas | 4 avril 2019

he is a fact denying fool

NoMoPetrol | 4 avril 2019

For a more historical perspective from an author with no particular axe to grind regarding climate change, try "Once and Future Giants: What Ice Age Extinctions Tell Us About The Fate of Earth's Largest Animals" by Sharon Levy.

Tesla-David | 4 avril 2019

Thanks for the book link @EVolution. I totally believe the author's points. We have precious little time to act on this CRISIS as Greta Thunberg, the courageous Swedish Youth Activist continues to tell us. I am a retired Marine Biologist, who has witnessed the destruction and demise of coral reefs in my lifetime as a lifelong diver. I also believe in taking personal responsibility for my own actions before preaching to others about what we need to do to avert the worst outcomes coming our way. I am sick of the Republicans denialism of the facts/science, but am also sick of the Democrats who acknowledge the problem, but only slow walk solutions, and make little to no progress in reducing our carbon emissions. Bill Clinton drove me crazy when he barely mentioned the environment in his speeches, as an afterthought. Barack Obama waited until the last year of his presidency to do anything on AGW, when he should have made it a priority during his first year in office. We need more young progressives like AOC, who is relentless and energetic in her support for the Green New Deal. We need everyone stepping up and acting like this is the CRISIS it absolutely is.

Resident ignorant troll flagged for his utter stupidity and inability to connect the dots on AGW.