Forums

Windshield wiper rant.

Windshield wiper rant.

My windshield wipers were not working from day 2 when it started raining. The wiper work but get stalled halfway when they finish .First of all the “the 70 point inspection “ should of picked that up. Anyways well I called them said a mobile ranger will fix it no problem. The parts were ordered and got a call the parts are here and they fixed the airbags and steering bolt which as great but no motor for wipers so I was like ok fine things happen then again a call parts are here schedule an appointment I did and 5 minutes till the appointment they called canceled the appointment the part has not arrived. Just frustrated with this . Still love the car

Jcastillo18 | 17 avril 2019

Sorry not 5 minutes it was 25 minutes

AERODYNE | 17 avril 2019

That's it. I won't even use the wipers now. Keep it covered on the garage, only drive at night when the birds and bugs are sleeping.

You may be using sarcasm but I am not driving it right now due to the wiper stuck halfway through the windshield.

You may be using sarcasm but I am not driving it right now due to the wiper stuck halfway through the windshield.

revrev4ruach | 17 avril 2019

You may be using sarcasm but you thought this was a triple post but it wasn't!

revrev4ruach | 17 avril 2019

Seriously, I empathize. The first trouble I ever had with my 2016 was in the spring of 2017 when my wiper motor stopped working on a rainy day in the . . . you guessed it . . . rain. I stopped by the Houston service center and they worked me in and replaced the wiper motor in an hour.

I'm sorry you had a bad service experience due to the part not being in stock and not arriving as promised. It is a real bummer (and danger) to try to drive in the rain without working wipers. Ugh. Hope the part comes soon.

Thank you rev

Chunky Jr. | 17 avril 2019

I think the wipers and the sprayers suck. The spray is uneven and doesn't spread out very well. That causes a lot of streaking from the wipers.

TeslaTap.com | 18 avril 2019

@Chunky - What year is your car. They changed the sprayer design several times. I remember early cars 2012-2013 had some complaints with the sprayers (I had a Jan-2016 and didn't notice an issue, but rarely use them too).

On the wipers - the brand and age makes a huge difference. In some areas, they should be replaced yearly. Did you replace them with an off brand or the ones Tesla specifies today?

Did you apply rainx or something similar to the windshield. I got massive streaking after applying rainx to my first Tesla. Big mistake. Took a lot of elbow work to get it off the windshield, and still had some streaking.

TeslaTap.com | 18 avril 2019

That was Jan-2013, not 2016.

Chunky Jr. | 18 avril 2019

@TT : 2013
I get the wipers changed at the annual service