Submitted by Pkalhan on Mon, 2019-05-13 11:33
Next weekend my wife and I will be making our first long distance drive in our Model 3 (LR AWD) and was hoping to get some advise from you all. I was wanting to know if it would be better to charge to 90% and then wake up and charge the remaining 10% while we get ready and pack up the car or should be just leave it at 90% and just start driving? I heard by going to 100%, I would lose regen braking, is that correct? We will be driving from Pittsburgh, PA to West Orange, NJ (a little more than 300 miles). Also, when entering our destination address in for navigation purposes, will we have options on which route to take (I believe Google allows this when using my phone) or will the Tesla just give us one choice?
Thanks in Advance!!