Forums

Where are the charging pedestals?

Where are the charging pedestals?

I’ve follow the supercharger network build out on supercharge.net and have noticed that many are complete except for charging pedestals. Seems there is a shortage.

GHammer | 24 mai 2019

Examples? Ones I see that don't have pedestals still have other work to do.

turbo85D | 24 mai 2019

Hudsonville MI, Swartz Creek MI, Robbinsdale MN

reed_lewis | 27 mai 2019

In most cases the power units may be placed, but are not hooked up yet. The pedestals are the last thing installed.

finished | 27 mai 2019

My wife made eggs for me this morning. I asked where the hash browns were, and she said the'll be ready in a minute. One minute later, I had my eggs and hash browns and enjoyed my breakfast.

DanFoster1 | 29 mai 2019

All your pedestal are belong to us

Bighorn | 29 mai 2019

The transformer from the local utility is usually the rate limiting step.

jordanrichard | 29 mai 2019

Bighorn +1. At least here in CT, it was always the transformer that was the last piece to be put in. Then the site would get inspected and power turned on. However, then Tesla would have to do it's own inspections/testing of each stall and make adjustments if needed.

stsimpso | 18 juin 2019

Blaine, WA is waiting.
Auburn, WA is waiting.

GHammer | 18 juin 2019

OK, I will concede that there does appear to be many locations stalled because of lack of pedestals. Speculation is that it's an inventory control issue prior to V3 rollover.

tes-s | 18 juin 2019

That is my experience too - usually the utility that holds things up.

Anyone know care to speculate what is holding up Yorktown NY? They have pedestals, chargers, transformer, meter, and utility connection - everything is working, but it is not on.

Bighorn | 18 juin 2019

@tes
It was likely voltage instability that they’re addressing. Hoping it opens for an impending drive by, again.

tes-s | 18 juin 2019

Yep, I think either voltage instability or perhaps they have not gotten final inspection signed off by the locality.

Should open soon though.

paulmarvin1 | 23 septembre 2019

Roanoke Va waiting for pedestals for over 4 months.

paulmarvin1 | 23 septembre 2019

Roanoke Va waiting for pedestals for over 4 months.