Forums

(Video) Costco versus Tesla Model 3

(Video) Costco versus Tesla Model 3

https://youtu.be/zOceybDImeM

I went to Costco to do a haul video and show you guys various items from Costco to see if it fits in a Model 3. Bought popular items purchased in Costco. Plus I tested child’s car seat and stroller. Overall, it's quite spacious in there.

Slonkis | 25 mai 2019

I was able to fit $350 worth of Costco shopping in the trunk, plus a new carry-on bag from another store, just yesterday. Didn't even have to use the frunk.

MillennialVet | 25 mai 2019

The trunk from the outside seems very short but its deceptively cargo deep.

cafutter | 26 mai 2019

My wife, my 2 adult kids and I were going to the airport for a 5 day trip. We each had a suit case. We couldn't fit them in my model 3. We had to take the Prius. :( The trunk is deep, but the opening is small.

82bert | 26 mai 2019

We’ve traveled multiple times with 2 kids, 2 adults, and 1 dog a long distance with all the necessary luggage for all of us including the dog. No issues with the 3.

There’s an odd perception that developed in the US not too long ago that we all need enormous vehicles and homes, as well as storage units to hold the rest of our sh*t. It’s all ludicrous and unnecessary. Less is more.

Phantom_Menace | 26 mai 2019

Actually Alex on Autos just released a video. He was skeptical about Tesla’s 15 cubic ft claim so he took out a measuring tape and verified it’s actually 19 cubic ft rear seats folded up. Basically the conclusion was it’s much larger then anything else in this class. Also didn’t take into account the frunk or folding down the rear seats. Very impressive. In comparison a 2019 BMW F90 5 series has a trunk capacity of 18.9 cubic ft.

lbowroom | 26 mai 2019

Cafutter - must be some massive suitcases

lph | 26 mai 2019

I really like the Sub-Trunk. It can take about 4 grocery bags under the main floor of the trunk. Then I can go to a hardware store and load up on hardware. And that is not including the fold down rear seats.
It has much more space than my old Nissan Altima.

hokiegir1 | 26 mai 2019

@cafutter - why didn't you just load from the rear doors with the seats down instead of trying to go through the "small" (I haven't had issue, but this is what you said) trunk opening? We've fit 2 large and 2 small suitcases, plus a bunch of additional crap in the car when we went on a 2 week trip to 3 different locations.