Forums

Credits to Credit Card From Tesla?

Credits to Credit Card From Tesla?

Has anyone else noticed any credits to your credit card on file (used for Super Charging) from Tesla? I checked my credit card charges this morning and noticed three separate small credits from Tesla. There were for $.50, $.50 and $.65. Very strange. Anyone else?

Passion2Fly | 12 octobre 2019

Yes, lots of folks did. Something must have happened with their accounting...

geedub1023 | 12 octobre 2019

@ Passion2Fly Thanks. I'm traveling so I haven't had a chance to read the M3 "Forum" in awhile so I hadn't seen previous posts about these credits.

Devilstower | 12 octobre 2019

@geedub1023 I just got an inbox note from Tesla crediting me with 146 miles of supercharging that it says were applied "in error." It doesn't give any details about how it happened, but I suspect just a foul-up in data coming from some stations.

Vanilla ICE-less | 12 octobre 2019

I had one as well, happened to be for the exact same amount as the tax I was charged for a supercharging session in Texas. Are they returning the tax?

geedub1023 | 12 octobre 2019

@Devilstower & @Vanilla Good info! I live in Texas so it probably is some sort of tax refund since I had three credits and have used Super Chargers on only 3 occasions.

StElmosfire | 12 octobre 2019

Vanilla ICE-less I also received four charges for: .12, .12, .35 and .35. I haven’t charged in Texas in over a year and during that trip I charged six times at six different locations. I e-mailed Tesla regarding the charges and haven’t received a response as of yet.

kendallweihe | 12 octobre 2019

Yup. I had 26 credits applied yesterday! Amounting to ~$9.

PHLT3 | 12 octobre 2019

I received 6 refunds on my credit card in amounts of:

0.21 0.21 0.18 0.18 0.57 0.57

I misread my statement and thought they were charges, not credits, so I spent 45 minutes on hold with Tesla to see if they could tell me what they were (I was doing other computer work at the time). They had no idea and said they would escalate the issue.

We have supercharged, it looks like, 7 times since we got the car. But I'm guessing because of the duplicates these refunds apply to only 3 of those times.

Unfortunately, none of the supercharges seem to line up with these refunds. I thought maybe it was tax refunded from charges in one state, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I wonder if Tesla will ever explain this...

kitee8695 | 12 octobre 2019

My husband brought all those little credits to my attention this morning, he watches those cc daily, we believe they're all credit for the tax, the cc credit and tax charges are almost the same when added. We live in Arizona and all their supercharger costs have tax, the charges in Nevada did not list tax but their charge was higher, wonder if they just don't break them out, even though their charge lists .29 without tax. We'll be leaving for home in about an hour and be stopping at one of the superchargers we always use, get about 40-50 miles, just enough time for a bathroom stop, I'll be checking to see if they list a tax charge again on the receipt and see if it's credited back to the card if there is.
You know they're gonna look for innovative ways to charge ev's for their loss of gas taxes the cities lose with the cars.

kevin | 13 octobre 2019

I got 39 credits totaling $22.49. I presume this is for Supercharging during my road trip across the US. There is one for each Supercharger visit starting this summer. I haven't driven in Texas or Arizona. Some of the credits are larger, $1.22, $3.76, and $2.73, but most are less than a dollar.

geno.kearney | 13 octobre 2019

I got 7 credits today. Why wouldn't they send an email explaining these credits?

007bond | 13 octobre 2019

I got several and it's actually been a few months since I used a supercharger.

Tronguy | 13 octobre 2019

Got three of them today while out driving around. And later that day, an auto-enroll from our credit card company for an additional security feature also showed up in the email.
For a minute there thought that the credit card had been hacked, but the CC company and this forum set it straight.
Nice if Tesla would make some kind of announcement or sent some email explaining what was going on.