Forums

"Unable to charge with mobile connector" resolved

"Unable to charge with mobile connector" resolved

I got this error when I tried to charge at home. Tried several times to unplug and plug it back in and same error each time. I scheduled an appointment over the app but first appointment was a week later. I drove it to a supercharger nearby and to my relief I was able to charge it fine. The next morning I got a text from SC saying they checked the logs and looks like there was a problem with the mobile charger and will schedule mobile service instead. 2 days later mobile service came and first thing the technician did was to update the firmware on the charger. What was interesting was that he set the charge limit to below the SOC and plugged the charger in. He said the firmware will update in a few minutes. About 10 minutes later he checked his laptop and said "yep it's updating now." After it was done he set the charge limit back and plugged it back in to test it. It failed again so he replaced it with a new one. All was well. He also replaced the cheap plastic charge port pin deadfronts that I thought my car had because it was a Sept 18 build. He showed me how they came out so easily. Great experience, great service. After this, I will change my charging behavior. I always unplug it right after it's done charging. Now I'll leave it plugged in a little longer so it has a chance to get updated. Maybe that was why my mobile charger crapped out since it's only a little over a year old. Who knows.

spuzzz123 | 30 novembre 2019

Yes, the port deadpin issue, common among the “older” builds, including mine (feels weird calling my 18 month old car a vintage). I got my entire mobile charge connector replaced free of charge along with the port pin repair. SC stopped short of calling it a recall, but it’s close.