Forums

How to reset pointless tesla app password?

How to reset pointless tesla app password?

So im sure everyone loves the pointless tesla app password. I mean you can’t really do anything with the app so the password is fairly pointless. And the way it randomly requires it is pure joy :/. Does anyone know how to reset it?

casun | 30 novembre 2019

you can change your password by logging into your account in the browser, not the app, and going to account > login credentials.

casun | 30 novembre 2019

or in the app click on “reset password”

lilbean | 30 novembre 2019

Watchoo talking about Willis?

Hal Fisher | 30 novembre 2019

I know my website password and it’s not the same and doesn’t work on the app.

Frank99 | 30 novembre 2019

My Tesla app allows me to unlock the car, and allow someone else to drive it (start). Hardly what I’d consider
“can’t really do anything”. Seems like a good reason for a password to me.

yudansha™ | 30 novembre 2019

I reset my password to the same one over and over again. I’ve never seen any site allowing this.

jdcollins5 | 30 novembre 2019

You forget your password and now the app is useless :). Forget the app and use your key card or get a key fob.

lbowroom | 30 novembre 2019

If you have to reset it so often, how could you forget it? And yes it is the same username and password to login to the app as it is to your account on the computer

derotam | 30 novembre 2019

I don't understand how you think the app doesn't do anything. It can unlock your car, allow anyone to get in and drive off with it, start and stop charging, summon, turn on climate control and seat heaters.....

The tesla website password is not the same, I can see it in my password list and it doesn’t work for the app.

The tesla website password is not the same, I can see it in my password list and it doesn’t work for the app.

Sarah R | 30 novembre 2019

Not sure how you managed to desynchronize (?!) the web site password from the app password. But! If you're using an Android device, try doing a "Force Stop" then "Clear Cache". Try to log in again using the web site password. Failing that, force stop again, then clear cache again, then clear data. Try to log in again, using the web site password. If all of that fails, again stop, clear cache, data and uninstall, then reinstall. You'll have to pair the car with the phone all over again. Good luck.

Hum, hope it wasn’t caused by changing my email address/username but might have been. Whelp, thanks to all that provided help and not sarcasm.

GHammer | 30 novembre 2019

"thanks to all that provided help and not sarcasm."

You opened the door by calling the app password pointless, anything that protects my car from being driven without authorization is not pointless.

The app requires the login credentials only after the app is updated, not randomly.

Xerogas | 1 décembre 2019

Someone needs to learn how usernames and passwords are linked together as a pair. And that changing them on one device requires using the same ones on all other devices.

Hal Fisher | 1 décembre 2019

God I hate the rude behavior of the idiots on this forum. I can’t say I’ve seen this anywhere else.

Mr.Tesla | 1 décembre 2019

Reread you initial post, and do some introspection about what it means to be an idiot.

All you had to do after that mistake was to say something along the lines of: "LOL. Oops. I guess I didn't think that through carefully. Thanks for the explanation and help!."

Rutrow 3 | 1 décembre 2019

If it's pointless why would you need a password? I delete pointless apps from my phone. Don't need a password for that.

Hal Fisher | 1 décembre 2019

Thankfully this ultra fanboy weirdness is not carried over to the average tesla owner. They are only overly abundant on this board. The app DOES NOT protect these cars from being driven. Anyone can drive off with the car if they have your phone. It’s no different than keys in this respect.

If it requires the password after an update that’s fine. I’ve never noticed it updated the app but I guess it does it in the background.

Sarah R | 1 décembre 2019

@Hal Fisher did you problem get solved?

Mr.Tesla | 1 décembre 2019

I see. You are incapable of any kind of self reflection, or even understanding the concept of irony.

If you have your car set to "PIN to drive", then simply possessing the locked phone won't help steal the car.

I suppose "PIN to drive" is another "pointless" security feature in your opinion, which you will not use.

We are all idiots and fanboys, because you are just the best, most well adjusted person on the internet. It's not your fault you made a dumb comment. You don't make dumb comments. People who think otherwise are just idiots.

Yeesh. This didn't have to be a big deal, but here we are.

lbowroom | 1 décembre 2019

Not Hal’s first rodeo. Self proclaimed tech savvy coder no less.

So wait, the app is pointless because it doesn’t prevent your car from being driven?

melmartin | 1 décembre 2019

Fish.
I am not a fanboy, but I enjoy my Tesla after coming from a BMW. In the more than a year I've been on this board, I've yet to see you add any positive comments at all. You appear to be here to flame people and stir them up with pointless complaints often based on your own unrealistic or uninformed expectations. If you dislike your Tesla, buy something else that makes you happy. It's pretty obvious you have an agenda. I to do, and that is to ignore your puerile posts in the future.
Enjoy your next non-Tesla.

WW_spb | 1 décembre 2019

Maybe he is brother to the WEtheEmperorFishyDodger?

Magic 8 Ball | 1 décembre 2019

Hal throws stones at Tesla and is upset some are defending Tesla on a Tesla owned fan board.

Pointy head people probably think everything is pointless.

M3phan | 1 décembre 2019

Set a security PIN on your car.

M3phan | 1 décembre 2019

If someone steals the keys of anyone’s car they can drive off with it… The phone plus security pin is a high level of security.

Tingles | 1 décembre 2019

I use the app only and love it, not a fob or card. I like its security I protecting the use of my car. If you find it pointless, why bother to resetting your password at all?

SalisburySam | 1 décembre 2019

@melmartin, I had puerile once, but it went away at puberty. I think.

GHammer | 1 décembre 2019

"The app DOES NOT protect these cars from being driven. Anyone can drive off with the car if they have your phone"

I apologize, although I have a 3 I drive my S 90% of the time which does require the password to start. I dont think this oversight warranted being called an idiot. Who is being rude?

Every now and then Hal pops up with an outrageous claim that he’s absolutely incensed about. The one before this one he even kicked off the thread predicting that he’d be ridiculed by fanboys. More of that here. He started lashing out before anyone said anything rude to him. He changed his login information for his account and didn’t make the connection that they would affect the app login. Coder? Really? Professional victim.

ST70 | 1 décembre 2019

@Hal Fisher - dumb@ss! of the month....and I bet you hold the title for the rest of the month!

Xerogas | 2 décembre 2019

News flash: if someone has the key to your car, they can drive it

r3hxn | 2 décembre 2019

clearly the guy is having some fun, no one is that dumb....

jim.cohn | 30 mai 2020

Does anyone know how to reset the password on the Iphone TESLA app.
I reset the password on the tesla website but it does not workas a reset for the iphone TESLA app.
Thanks,
Jim

Lonestar10_1999 | 30 mai 2020

@jim- you don’t reset the password on the iPhone app. You simply use your email address and the same password as the Tesla website. The credentials on the app must match the Tesla website credentials.

sheldon.mike1010 | 30 mai 2020

Lonestar is 100% right.

lbowroom | 30 mai 2020

“ Lonestar is 100% right.”

It happens, lol.