Forums

Staten Island NY, Veterans Road West Supercharger installed but not operational since being installed in August 2019

Staten Island NY, Veterans Road West Supercharger installed but not operational since being installed in August 2019

We on Staten Island... have been so excited to have a supercharger that we don't have to incur a bridge toll (bridge tolls are about approx. 10-18++ dollars a crossing and going up.) Around August 2019 we saw the Tesla Super Chargers goin in... the Electricians were wiring the Chargers.. They said the charges would be operational by the end of October. As you know it's December. Customer Service a few weeks back said they were waiting on permits. Permits are usually acquired before you build. Today I spoke to CS Superchargig Support and was told they don't know what the delay is. Any Ideas or answers?

Earl and Nagin ... | 3 décembre 2019

Don't know the answer but, most likely, it is tied up in some sort of bureaucracy, either with the city or the power company. That's what usually delays them.

jordanrichard | 3 décembre 2019

Here in CT, specifically the Danbury supercharger sat for nearly 10 months before it went live. Turned out there was an easement issue with the local power company. The Sagamore MA site sat completed for 3 weeks because there was a permit/licensure issue between the town and the out of state contractor that did the work.

Yes, permits are filed prior to work being done, but inspectors still have to sign off on the project. Only then can the supercharger team can do their testing before letting the site be listed as being live.

RJMIII | 4 décembre 2019

I was in Cary, NC two weeks ago. I had stopped at a supercharger on 81 (Henderson I believe) on the way there because no superchargers we listed in Cary. When I got there the car map showed a SC and I was surprised. The next day I was going to drive to the location but was suspicious given the circumstances. When I googled it, the local Tesla club was making similar complaints that the SC seems fully installed but not operational due to bureaucracy.