Forums

Can't unplug supercharger cord

Can't unplug supercharger cord

Currently I am zero for four trying to unplug at Tesla supercharging stations. I never have a problem at home but have to use the manual unlock every time. Is there some built-in safety like you have to wait a minute after you stop charging?

vmulla | 7 décembre 2019

No you don't have to wait. There's a sometimes a couple of seconds delay, but that's hardly noticeable Are you pressing the little touch sensitive 'button' on the Supercharger handle?

Lonestar10_1999 | 7 décembre 2019

Try unlocking the port with the app. It’s in the Charging menu.

gmr6415 | 7 décembre 2019

It seems like several months ago they changed the release from just pushing the release button on the plug to having to hold down the release button while you pull it out.

dvargo71 | 7 décembre 2019

Well I'm sure that was it I wasn't touching anything on the charging cord! Thanks!

gmr6415 | 7 décembre 2019

@dvargo71, same as the little button you have on the mobile charger that came with your car.

Bighorn | 7 décembre 2019

Make sure car is unlocked. Press and hold cord button until light turns white. Pull gently.

CaliforniaMaki808 | 7 décembre 2019

If all fails, go into the trunk. There's a small cord on the inside of the trunk (where the electric charger plugs in). Pull that cord while you pull the charger out.

Teslanene | 7 décembre 2019

@california he said in the original post he already has used the manual unlock (pull the cord).

vmulla | 7 décembre 2019

Teslanene | December 7, 2019
@california he said in the original post he already has used the manual unlock (pull the cord).
--
I think the manual unlock the OP was referencing is the screen unlock.

I never understood why he was able to unlatch the charger cord fine at home, and not at a Supercharger. He'd have to press that unlock button on the charger handle at home too - right? If he knew that why was he having a problem at the Supercharger.