Forums

Navigation / location completely broken

Navigation / location completely broken

The navigation and direction completed messed up in Hong Kong. Navigation shows vehicle in wrong location and direction completely wrong. Called Tesla and they had no idea how to fix but said pls wait .......for update. It’s been 9 months and still waiting.

gkkcheung | 23 décembre 2019

Hrlp

TeslaTap.com | 23 décembre 2019

@gkkcheung "Hrlp"?

Just to be sure, you've tried a reboot? Often fixes oddities like this. Next is this a problem unique to your car or does every HK Tesla have this issue? If just your car, then service needs to fix it. To me, it sounds like the GPS is not functioning correctly in your car, but yes, it could be a software problem specific to your area too. I hope these ideas help.

mathwhiz | 23 décembre 2019

It could also be the owner tapping or manipulating the map screen, not realizing that it won’t track the vehicle again until selecting north up or direction up, or starting a new drive?

But then again, it’s hard to believe that would keep an owner perplexed for nine mos...

mathwhiz | 23 décembre 2019

If truly inop, maybe would respond to a power off/on...

gkkcheung | 26 décembre 2019

thank you for your comments. I have not seen any other users complaining about this problem (apart from the directions in Chinese while English language is selected - but that is another problem). I have taken the MX to service twice but they admit that they cant do anything in HK as they need to wait for s/w update / fix from HQ.

They had said they were resolve the issue in August 2019, then pushed back to Oct 2019 and then Dec 2019 (2019.40 update) but still no fix. I chased HK Customer Service recently and now they aren't sure when a fixed will be provided.

My MX was manuf in Jan 2019 for UK mkt but re-shipped to HK in Feb. I m not sure if this is linked to the problem.

joshuapaul131129 | 2 janvier 2020

The navigation and direction completed messed up in Hong Kong. Navigation shows vehicle in wrong location and direction completely wrong. Called Tesla and they had no idea how to fix but said pls wait .......for update. It’s been 9 months and still waiting.
https://trackeasy.fun/usps/ https://showbox.tools/

Mrotr565 | 11 janvier 2020

And this is appropriate while the company ceo is dancing away?