Forums

Connectivity expired 01/07/2020 but it's still "Connected".

Connectivity expired 01/07/2020 but it's still "Connected".

I've had my wonderful 2020 for 4 weeks and received a one month free Connectivity which was supposed to expire on 01/07/2020 (yesterday) and today is 01/08/2020 and Connectivity is still running. Am I supposed to tell Tesla that I don't want the Connectivity service so I don't get automactically charged or is Tesla supposed to automatically disconnect Connectivity?

Thanks,
Peter

pnagy | 8 janvier 2020

I meant to say "2020 Model 3".

Lonestar10_1999 | 8 janvier 2020

Sometimes Tesla enables premium features that were not paid for. It’s either a show of benevolence or incompetence. Either way, it’s best to keep your good fortune to yourself.

jimglas | 8 janvier 2020

the frst rule about free connectivity
is dont talk about free connectivity

pnagy | 8 janvier 2020

Sounds like Tesla needs to do better in their management. Maybe I should stop by the dealer which is (believe it or not) 1.5 miles from my house!!!!!

Peter

jimglas | 8 janvier 2020

yup
you can fix that nasty mistake and lose your free connectivity
take the high road

pnagy | 8 janvier 2020

@jimglas: I am not sure what you are saying but sounds like you are suggesting I should cheat Tesla which is not the kind of person I am.

Peter

jimglas | 8 janvier 2020

i commend you sir!
I wish i were as god a man as you

pnagy | 8 janvier 2020

Do you realized Tesla is monitoring this forum and you could be banned for making illegal suggestive comments? Be careful what you say here.

Peter

Big_Ed | 8 janvier 2020

Got the same message, and my car is one month old today. I think it was a mistake. If you check your account you should see you have free premium connectivity thru next December.

Pg3ibew | 8 janvier 2020

@pnagy, you are a good man. A better man than me. I would have never said a word. But then again. I paid for connectivity upgrade two weeks ago, BEFORE mine expired.

jimglas | 8 janvier 2020

jimglas | January 8, 2020
the first rule about free connectivity
is dont talk about free connectivity
============================
it was a snark
forgive me for I know not what I have did

pnagy | 8 janvier 2020

According to ordering a Model 3 from a web site, the one year free connectivity applies to Premium Interior package. I chose not to get the premium Interior package but I was surprised later to see that I was given a one month free connectivity. Now it should have expired yesterday and I have no interest in paying for this service. I will try to stop by Tesla dealer ASAP and talk to them about it. It goes both ways. One is I don't want to be charged for the service and the other is Tesla may think I am stealing from them. It's not worth the effort to get into trouble.

It sounds like management problems from Tesla headquarters.

Peter

Varricks | 13 janvier 2020

It may only be a case of when in the month they set their cycles. You won't be charged, and if there's "trouble", you're the customer. Feel free to tell them I suggest they whiz up a rope if there's any question.