Forums

Tesla parked unplugged 31 days!

Tesla parked unplugged 31 days!

My Tesla M3 will be parked unplugged in my Condo garage for 31 days. What should I do before I leave?

gerald.muriel | 13 janvier 2020

I also leave in a flat with underground parking and with no access to charging.

I left my car for 15 days with only 20 km decrease in range. Just be sure to turn off Sentry mode and of course I cannot access the car since it is in a basement so no connection at all.

gerald.muriel | 13 janvier 2020

.. and make sure smart summon is NOT on standby mode.

rwgallah | 13 janvier 2020

Here is my report on long term battery drain:
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/battery-drain-over-40-days

EVRider | 14 janvier 2020

When we left our 3 unplugged in our garage for a month, we only lost about 24 miles of range. Sentry Mode and Summon Standby both disabled. This was in south FL so the garage wasn’t cold.

neylus | 14 janvier 2020

Waking the car up with the app will reduce range. So resist the temptation to check-in.

Frank99 | 14 janvier 2020

>>> What should I do before I leave?
1. Charge it to 80%
2. Turn off Sentry Mode if it's parked someplace safe
3. Turn off Summon Standby
4. Turn off any apps on your phone that communicate with the car in the background. I don't know if any of the currently available apps still do that, but a year or two ago it was a problem.
5. To the best of my knowledge (which is slim), the car won't try to heat the battery while it's parked, so you don't have to worry about cold weather sucking the battery down. This may not be true if temperatures get bitterly cold.
6. Go have fun. If you have to, check on the car using the Tesla app after a week. Then ignore it.

1agkirk2 | 14 janvier 2020

Frank 99 That's what I am going to do next month. Thanks

Bighorn | 14 janvier 2020

Establish your loss rate before you leave and address any issues if you’re losing more than 1-2% per day.
Charge it to 90.

noleaf4me | 15 janvier 2020

I left mine for 2+ weeks recently. Frankly didn't keep track of the lost range but it was not so significant that I noticed. It was in a garage and fairly temperate (not heated but attached to the house and insulated.

EVRider | 15 janvier 2020

@Frank99: You probably have to turn off Sentry Mode no matter where you park, otherwise you’ll lose 1-2 miles per hour until the SOC reaches 20% and Sentry Mode turns off.