Forums

MCU question

MCU question

Wishful thinking, but I wonder if there is a chance that Tesla replaced my MCU about a year ago when the center screen was replaced for the common bubbles in the screen issue. I'm probably not thinking correctly on the repair, but replacing the whole unit may be faster than just the screen? I've seen video on MCU replacement, not just screen replacement. Just a thought...

Bighorn | 11 février 2020

Look at your invoice

TeslaTap.com | 11 février 2020

A few years ago while some owners got the MCU replaced for a bad screen issue, most got just the display replaced. Far cheaper for Tesla (or owners, if out of warranty) to do that. Might even be less labor if it can be replaced without pulling the MCU, but not sure about that.

EVRider | 11 février 2020

Even if they replaced your MCU, you would have gotten the same model you already had (MCU1 or MCU2). If you're wondering if you got upgraded from MCU1 to MCU2, you didn't.

eggbert747 | 11 février 2020

I fully understand that no one is upgraded to a MCU2, that I know of. My point was, if they did swap out my old MCU1 with a 'new' MCU1, my unit would most likely have less mileage or logging on it and it could buy a few more years before failure. I'll check my invoice, I'm sure it says, "replaced central touchscreen". May never know, which is OK.

Bighorn | 11 février 2020

I understood your question. The invoice will list a part number and description. Just search your emails.