Forums

Trunk lid open car not locked

Trunk lid open car not locked

By mistake last night I left the rear trunk lid ajar. This morning I went into garage and noticed the mirrors had not folded, then I notice car did not lock. I think this might be a good way to leave the car unlocked in my garage. I am curious if this will drain anything from the batteries not having trunk lid shut or locked

DiminishedSeventh | 14 février 2020

Wouldn’t it be easier just to turn off walk away lock?

As for drain, your trunk lights will auto shut off after a few minutes, but I’m not sure how the car handles going to sleep if a door is ajar. And I’m not sure if it treats the trunk differently than the passenger doors as climate and music usually turn on when those doors open but there may be a timeout there as well (I’m pretty sure there is for climate, not sure about media). Some things for you to experiment with if you’re going to do this.

TranzNDance | 14 février 2020

My concern would be potential new residents in the trunk, like rodents and bugs.

Vrocket | 14 février 2020

Not sure there is a way to turn off walk away lock?

DiminishedSeventh | 14 février 2020

@vrocket sure there is, just go into Controls > Locks > Walk-Away Door Lock and toggle the slider off. Refer to page 13 of the owner’s manual for more detailed info.