Forums

Seat Heaters

Seat Heaters

We took our Tesla Model S 90D in for service because the passenger seat heater was not working. After a couple of days the service rep stated that the seat heater met their minimum spec and would not correct the problem.
Even after driving the car for an hour or more the seat heater does not warm op at all.
Do we have any recourse?
Please do not get me wrong, we love Tesla and have logged over 180,000 miles in three different Tesla’s over the last seven years.

Anthony J. Parisio | 23 février 2020

I would think since you are paying, they should repair or replace the seat according to whatever you’re willing to pay.

Tldickerson | 23 février 2020

@Anthony J. Parisio, why should the OP have to pay anything? The car may still be under warranty.

Tldickerson,
Not after 180,000 miles it is not under warranty.

That was with 3 Tesla's over 7 years.

mcptwo | 23 février 2020

The car is under an extended warrantee with about 55,000 miles

@mcptwo, I suggest if there's another service center near you that you take it there and show them that it's not working. Have you tried placing a thermometer on both seats to see for yourself a difference in the temperature? If you find a big difference then take a picture of both seats to show them what your talking about.

Sorry I miss read that.

No problem, I often over look some things.

Daisy the Road ... | 23 février 2020

Per our service advisor, the seat temperature is remotely readable. According to him, it it temperature regulated, rather than simply applying a set amount of heating current. My wife complains that the temperature fluctuates significantly. If the sensor is not working right that might explain either issue.

barrykmd | 23 février 2020

If you haven't spoken with the service manager, do that. If you have, and got no satisfaction, ask for contact info for the regional manager.