Forums

WTF - Model Y under wraps!!!

WTF - Model Y under wraps!!!

Is it me...I am drooling for a more in the wild info on this car...and still, almost nothing...

Elan is at a different level...to turn the model 3 bad start (I am being kind) to how this is evolving...amazing...

But, where are the pictures, videos...where are the Y's hiding?

EVRider | 9 mars 2020

There’s plenty of info on Model Y out there, including photos. You’re not looking hard enough.

TeslaTap.com | 9 mars 2020

Tesla does not need any more promotion on the Model Y, with so many reservations, it will be a while before the backlog is cleared.

For pictures and details, see: https://www.tesla.com/modely

Bond 007 | 9 mars 2020

You can get more information and pictures on modelyforum.com

jordanrichard | 9 mars 2020

Have even Googled Model Y, gone to You Tube and searched for Model Y. You can’t throw a stick without seeing a video or picture of one.

jimglas | 9 mars 2020

shake a tree and 3 model Y videos fall out

trixiew | 9 mars 2020

I finally cleaned under a large area rug, 2 interior shots hiding under there.

David N | 9 mars 2020

TeslaTap,
Is there a reservation count floating around for the Y?

MySin_AZ | 10 mars 2020

I am talking about recent pics, not the ones we have all seen...and I think I have heard about Google, it’s a search engine right? ..how about detailed interior video’s with the white or black interior, or more on transport trucks , or those arriving at delivery centers...I am talking about the production ones, not the prototype or test vehicles...if there are some that indeed have left the factory, then where did they go?

MySin_AZ | 10 mars 2020

I am talking about recent pics, not the ones we have all seen...and I think I have heard about Google, it’s a search engine right? ..how about detailed interior video’s with the white or black interior, or more on transport trucks , or those arriving at delivery centers...I am talking about the production ones, not the prototype or test vehicles...if there are some that indeed have left the factory, then where did they go?

jordanrichard | 10 mars 2020

Well since no one has taken delivery, then just who do you expect to have shot a video of the interior. The Model Y is just a Model 3 with a taller roof and hatchback. The dash, the seats and door panels are the same. They literally took Model 3 seats and put them on platforms to raise them up a bit.

MySin_AZ | 10 mars 2020

@ Jordan - yes, yes I do...when the 3 was first coming out, I was working near the Tesla Delivery Center in Tempe AZ...and yes, even though no one took delivery, they were being off loaded and one could walk up and see them before the owners took delivery...so, thats what I mean...if the truck haulers left the factory, those Y's need to be hiding somewhere before delivery...I live near the Scottsdale AZ service center, and am keeping an eye out for that...but so far, nothing...

blkice | 11 mars 2020

I think Tesla going to have a big deal rollout on the 15th Make a big splash get a lot of media, that’s why they went dark now, could be wrong

TeslaTap.com | 11 mars 2020

@David N "TeslaTap, Is there a reservation count floating around for the Y?"

Sorry, I haven't seen one. Not sure why Tesla didn't state it, but perhaps they didn't want M3 sales to suffer while waiting for the Y and were down-playing the Y.

RichardKJ | 11 mars 2020

After Elon said they would start delivering MY in March I put down my order fee of $100 on 1/29 for a performance model. I had no previous reservation. Yesterday 3/10 I got an email asking for my registration information, trade in, and payment method. At least for the performance model the line seems to be pretty short.

By the way, that $100 is an extra "order fee." It is added on the the cost of the vehicle rather than taken as a deposit deducted from the price. Since every car has to be ordered it appears to be a stealth price increase.

blkice | 11 mars 2020

Got the same e- mail on 3/10 The price has gone up over a thousand dollars, WTF

@blkice - Is that due to the options you picked?

RichardKJ | 11 mars 2020

The $1125 destination fee plus $75 doc fee plus the $100 order fee added up to the $1300 difference in my price.

blkice | 11 mars 2020

$1125 destination fee for what? I will be getting the car at Fremont Ca. Would like to think that I’m not getting ripped but it’s hard not to

suekirsch665 | 11 mars 2020

Deliveries start on the 15th. The 15th is Sunday and the store in Vegas is closed on Sunday. So will they start on Monday the 16th?

RichardKJ | 11 mars 2020

The destination fee is federally regulated and must be the same for all vehicles (of the same model) and must be separately itemized. Long ago it varied by destination, but no longer.

@blkice - Yep - thank the dealers for forcing this charge on you (and me). Yes, it's a scam, but not one Tesla has any control over. Dealers have a huge amount of power over creating laws that favor them and screw the customer. As you may know, Tesla does not have any dealers, so at least the other scams dealers inflict on customers are avoided.

Kirnak | 12 mars 2020

@TeslaTap.com - Exactly!

MySin_AZ | 12 mars 2020

WTF squared- Electrek just published some great photos of a production Model Y...

And the car is actually in Scottsdale, and I live in Scottsdale...it’s been hiding right up the road...go figure.

PrescottRichard | 12 mars 2020

I saw that. Doesn’t look like there’s a parcel shelf but looks pretty good.

However at least one person on the AZ facebook page doesn’t think it can be a 7 seater.

MySin- are you on the facebook page?

Ross1 | 13 mars 2020

$65000 US is $100,000 AU

TeslaTap.com | 13 mars 2020

For those that read "thedriven" review, on the one minor negative - hard to reach the "x" to close a dialog. A secret tip - you don't have to tap the "X" to close a dialog, you can tap anywhere outside of a dialog and it will close. A few dialogs also auto-close after a about ten seconds of inactivity.

blkice | 13 mars 2020

Wrong about price increase on MY, stupidity is strong in this one

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 14 mars 2020

“ Elan is at a different level.”

What, the Lotus?

MySin_AZ | 15 mars 2020

@PrescottRichard-didn’t know there was a FB page,,,thanks, will join...