Forums

Stealth Sentry

Stealth Sentry

Hi All,

Any indication as to when Stealth Sentry (no flashing lights) will be added? Seems like a long time to implement something so simple since Elon's "OK" tweet to this request on April 7th. Sentry is basically unusable when it's dark in any busy city center. In Amsterdam it just keeps flashing all night long into peoples living rooms and bed rooms on the ground floor. Sentry flashes when any bike, car or pedestrian goes by. I've come back to the car with 200+ Sentry incidents which mean it flashed all night long.

EVRider | 29 juin 2020

We don’t know, try asking Elon — maybe it will remind him. :-)

TeslaTap.com | 29 juin 2020

@tin.paukovic - Seems like on reflection, it might be better to just turn off Sentry mode. If you're getting 200 hits a night, it's going to be ignored by everyone. The alarm still works with Sentry mode off. And if the lights don't flash, there is not much to warn someone they are close to the car, sort of defeating the purpose of Sentry mode. Also if dark, without lights, not sure the camera would capture anything visible.

tin.paukovic | 29 juin 2020

@Teslatap. Thanks for the reply, I do turn it off when it turns dark as to not annoy anybody. The streets are very well lit here and even at night the dashcam footage is sharp enough to see anything that happens + license plates. The parking spots are narrow and Sentry already saved me once when a neighbour scratched my car and just drove off. The stealth toggle would be a great addition to be able to use Sentry always.

TeslaTap.com | 29 juin 2020

@tin.paukovic - Makes sense. Thanks for the expanded details. Sucks to have the scratch, but nice you could identify the culprit.

EVRider | 29 juin 2020

@tin.paukovic: I wasn't kidding about asking Elon -- if you can find the tweet you referenced, you should reply to it. You never know.