Forums

Please Read First Before Posting On The Forums

Please Read First Before Posting On The Forums

Tesla’s forum provides an online meeting space for owners and enthusiasts to exchange ideas that are entertaining, helpful and useful. We encourage you to participate and only ask that you be respectful of others. Don’t post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, sexual in nature, infringe on the proprietary rights of others, or impersonate or misrepresent yourself or other individuals, including Tesla employees. Only post material which you own or for which you have received a copyright license. Whatever you post, we reserve the right to copy and use. We also reserve the right to edit or delete your post as well as suspend your account.

All posts represent the author’s views and not of Tesla’s.

drrock75k | 14 juillet 2018

All the Tesla forums except this one and Roadster appear in Chinese or Japanese characters. What's going on?

Xerogas | 14 juillet 2018

@drrock75k: "All the Tesla forums except this one and Roadster appear in Chinese or Japanese characters. What's going on?"
------
Spam

drrock75k | 14 juillet 2018

Is there anything that can be done about it at my end?

Xerogas | 14 juillet 2018

@drrock75k: "Is there anything that can be done about it at my end?"
------
No, you have to wait until Tesla admins clean it out

golfgreen | 15 juillet 2018

I ordered my M3 on 5/10 and got a call from Tesla Nevada last week of June saying that the car will be in LA on 7/1 and I picked it up on 7/3 so less that 2 mths

Charles D | 16 juillet 2018

I ordered my Model 3 in end of May then received a configure email in the beginning of July. Initially they were going to schedule delivery October to December. Now they are saying it will be ready August - October.

Magic 8 Ball | 17 juillet 2018

I like turtles

Magic 8 Ball | 17 juillet 2018

BTW has anyone else wondered why the first reply to this "sticky" was on April Fools Day?

DMSDesign | 18 juillet 2018

Is it possible to add a search function to the forums?

Flanmansd | 18 juillet 2018

@DMSDesign - go here, works great

volkerize.com

TM3VT | 20 juillet 2018

For now, one way to search - go to google.com, type

site:forums.tesla.com "search for something here"

It works...

Coastal Cruiser. | 24 juillet 2018

Uh, Tesla Ownership, your new posting rules are a ted too restrictive. The forum deleted a new post I just made when I tried to edit it. Now I can't create any new threads because I've hit the maximum number of posts today (which is apparently one).

andy.connor.e | 24 juillet 2018

Same here. Made zero posts today and i cant make a new topic because i exceeded the amount.

Lla4u2 | 25 juillet 2018

Seriously, I tried to post last night and received confirmation that the topic was created... it was not. Tried again this morning and apparently I have hit my limit for the day, even though nothing has been posted. It was actually a glowing review of delivery and service. Too bad Tesla doesn't want me to add some positive posts to their board.

maki808 | 25 juillet 2018

Why not have a search function on the forum so duplicate post will occur less?

Safiya | 25 juillet 2018

I'm feeling hoodwinked. I signed up to buy a Tesla 3 within the first 3 days of the announcement. My hope was to secure mine before the expiration of the tax credit. Things are looking bleak, Elon.

Samoshi | 26 juillet 2018

Is anyone else having trouble with an echo with their Bluetooth connection? All calls have a Terrible who on the receiving end. Is there a fix?

Samoshi | 26 juillet 2018

Is anyone else having trouble with an echo with their Bluetooth connection? All calls have a Terrible who on the receiving end. Is there a fix?

Xerogas | 27 juillet 2018

To everyone thinking of posting on the forums: it’s spelled “brakes”. Homonyms are a thing.

Mike83 | 28 juillet 2018

There may be many fake M3 owners posting. No surprise there. Verified owners who ask questions are not the one's making up stories.

Coastal Cruiser. | 30 juillet 2018

Having a lot of trouble posting new threads. Now the system has deleted a long time post of mine when I went to update it.

Coastal Cruiser. | 30 juillet 2018

Helloooo in there.... Earth to forum control .... the forum is not working correctly.....

Is their anybody in there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog

Elsonmw7 | 31 juillet 2018

Shouldn't your vehicle somehow let you know when it unlocks? When I walk up to my new M3 using my Android phone as the key, nothing happens. I just have to keep trying to open the door until it let's me in. I had a MS loaner recently and the lights flashed and of course the door handles popped out. I believe the mirrors unfolded also. The M3 does nothing to let you know it's unlocked. Am I missing something?

Rutrow S | 1 août 2018

Yeah, your missing the purpose of this pinned thread. It should be limited to posts about HOW to use the forum. It's not for questions about the car. Try volkerize.com to search other threads related to your question, if you don't find anything, start a new thread for your question. (Hint, there's already information about your question!!!)

Mike83 | 3 août 2018

Beware of non Tesla owners posting fake issues; Trolls. They come and go randomly. Normally easy to spot.

Mediumed | 4 août 2018

Are there any moderators or anyone at all overseeing the forum? It would be kind of nice if there were.

3buzybeez | 10 août 2018

I just added a 30 amp 220 v plug in my garage. Is that adaquate to charge my model 3? Thx for any info

JAD | 10 août 2018

Yes, that should be fine to charge.

nttesla | 11 août 2018

I heard it had to be a 50amp

Bighorn | 12 août 2018

It can be “any amp.” I’ve used 30A for 5 years—will be even better for a 3.

fjstill | 13 août 2018

I have a new Model 3. The FM radio worked for the first couple of weeks. Now it will not turn on. We’ve tried everything on the screen, rotated the left hand scroll control, moved it back and forth, etc. The volume icon on the screen works, shows x for off, the bar for volume. I can’t find anything that helps in the manual.
Any suggestions? Do I need to bring it in? Thanks

Francis Stillman

Rocky_H | 16 août 2018

What in the WORLD is with all of these weirdos using Tesla's official announcement sticky post about how to use the forum to ask questions about their cars in the comments?

Xerogas | 16 août 2018

@Rocky_H: agreed. Although Tesla could solve this by locking this thread.

AZTesla | 21 août 2018

This thread is officially *locked*. Any person posting in this thread henceforth will have their Tesla Model 3 electric automobile confiscated and donated to Uber. You have been warned.

johnmann | 21 août 2018

Surely you can’t be serious.

Carl Thompson | 21 août 2018

Don't call me Shirley.

anjana.sukumar | 24 août 2018

How do you search topics in the forum so that you can check if there is a similar thread before posting your topic.

Flanmansd | 24 août 2018

First, read the posts in this thread. You'll find what you're looking for.

Carl Thompson | 24 août 2018

@anjana.sukumar:
"How do you search topics in the forum ..."

There is no search built directly into the forum, unfortunately. You can search by using Google: just preface your search phrase in Google with "site:forums.tesla.com" (without the quotes). So, for example if you wanted to search for posts about Model 3 insurance you could type a search like this into Google:

site:forums.tesla.com model 3 insurance

Croseboom | 26 août 2018

I can't find a way to put a deposit on a "standard" battery model. It automatically kicks me to the more quickly available high mileage model. Any thoughts?

JAD | 27 août 2018

Standard battery is not yet available. Late this year.

lesliefcrawford | 29 août 2018

Maybe I'm just not seeing it- is there a search function for the forum? I want to find info but perhaps the question has already been posted, and answered. I'd hate to clog up the forum with repetitive questions! Just add a search button to the top of the page, thanks, or let me know where I can find the search option

Sunergy-NJ | 29 août 2018
Sunergy-NJ | 29 août 2018
lajones | 31 août 2018

A search function in this forum would be very helpful!!!

ttoms | 4 septembre 2018

I received an order confirmation the first week of July '18 for a Model 3, Long Range, AWD vehicle with an "Estimated delivery Sept. '18 - Nov. '18". Are these delivery dates believable?
What is the typical time between receiving your VIN and a scheduled delivery?

JAD | 5 septembre 2018

Vin to delivery is a week or two and the delivery windows seem about right. Just remember Sept to Nov does not mean Sept 1 like many people here seem to believe.

HZwerling | 11 septembre 2018

Charging Model 3 in the rain...

My car lives outside. Is it safe to charge it outside while it’s raining?

johnmann | 11 septembre 2018

I live in Seattle and charge outside everyday. We get a little rain here sometimes. It's designed to be operated in all normal weather conditions and is definitely safe

Pages