Forums

"The next generation mid-size performance sedan battle is going to be boring and only Cadillac can save us" - or?

"The next generation mid-size performance sedan battle is going to be boring and only Cadillac can save us" - or?

Hi There!
I just wanted to check an ICE site how they comment on today`s news (Easter Egg, 0-60 in 2.4s)
I did not find anything on this site - boostaddict - but from the name they really cares about the performance.
Instead of I found something else:

http://www.boostaddict.com/content.php
?7825-The-next-generation-mid-size-performance-sedan-battle-is-going-to-be-boring-and-only-Cadillac-can-save-us
(please concat the two above lines to get the proper link to the post)
I think Model 3 is just fit into this category in every aspects - expect the engine:)
So how boring would be the car world without Tesla! And how boring will be the ICE industry..
I think Tesla will give them back that interest once they noticed a Model 3 on the road.

carlk | 9 juillet 2017

Caddilc is not even on Tesla's or Tesla buyers' radar screen. It is pretty much a non-factor. To be honest most perfomance car buyers would not want to caught dead in a Callilac no matter how it is. GM has totally ruined its brand image. Anything it does now is too little and way too late.

eeb9 | 9 juillet 2017

Dunno... I kinda liked the CTS-V wagon, until some idiot at GM HQ axed it, like all the other good ideas that came out of GM

I mean, what's not to like about a compact station wagon with a track-tuned suspension and a bit north of 550HP?

Perfect for a *quick* run to the grocery store...

:-)

(Yes, I was looking at those, but put down a Model 3 deposit instead)

mntlvr23 | 9 juillet 2017

@carlk - just curious - what moves somebody to revive a 8 month old thread that had no previous replies?