Forums

Do you have a particular license plate for your Model 3 in mind?

Do you have a particular license plate for your Model 3 in mind?

We had a T-Bird with license plate 88TFOR2.

Our Model S has 14TFOR2.

So perhaps our Model 3 could be 18TFOR3 or MOD3FOR2...

Anyone with definitive license plate ordered or contemplating what you should get?

@SamO, perhaps you would like to start?

bmalloy0 | 2 avril 2017

(Joke:) Getting the car in yellow, with the plate ZAPDOS

(Real:) I kinda want SCIENCE or something similar, but will probably end up with generic plates because money

KP in NPT | 2 avril 2017

I think I'm passing on the vanity plates because they are not offered with our state's EV plates. :(

EaglesPDX | 2 avril 2017

EVCLHM

mntlvr23 | 2 avril 2017

Mine came in the mail two weeks ago and look funny on my Volvo.

M3 AST

sosmerc | 2 avril 2017

Mine will probably be 4MYDAD......he's gone now, but if he were still with us, I know he would have had a Tesla!
Dad was always ahead of his time!

Frank99 | 2 avril 2017

I've got half a dozen written on my board. I figure that, by the time I get my car, one of them will be my favorite.

Quick question: Is "EM Drive" too obscure?

mntlvr23 | 2 avril 2017

no more than mine, but I don't care if people don't understand.
It will be an ice-breaker

Frank99 | 2 avril 2017

Yeah, I gave up on yours. "EM DRIVE" could be taken as "This car powered by an Elon Musk Drive", or a reference to the EM Drive, which all theoretical physicists dismiss as impossible, yet continues to demonstrate thrust in multiple different experiments.
https://en.wikipedia org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster

mntlvr23 | 2 avril 2017

gave up on mine?
Model 3 - Accelerating Sustainable Transport?

Frank99 | 2 avril 2017

Nice! That TLA went completely over my head.

Carl Thompson | 2 avril 2017

mntlvr23:
"Model 3 - Accelerating Sustainable Transport?"

That's not their mission statement anymore. But still good.

Carl

mntlvr23 | 2 avril 2017

it is for their Model 3, a quick glance at the Model 3 page will tell you that
in any case I am relieved that you approve

Red Sage ca us | 3 avril 2017

I have been considering 'RED5AGE'...

Coastal Cruiser. | 3 avril 2017

OP, clever plates you came up with.

My sister used to have a Prelude with "2 da lude"

I went ahead and secured "NO MO CO". They are on the Prius for now, so it's a bit of a lie. Momentarily.

Octagondd | 3 avril 2017

I have reserved RIP XON. I have not gotten confirmation from CA DMV for it yet.

I like it! Karma for the AK spill.

PhillyGal | 3 avril 2017

Yep, I ordered my vanity plate a while ago because I was absolutely convinced there would be lots of Model 3 reservations ;)

It's lame though compared to our MS' NOMOGAS
TESLA GAL

Chrisredfield1 | 3 avril 2017

I wanted to use the ticker symbol T S L A, but I think someone else in Arizona has it already. :-(

davidnallred | 3 avril 2017

How About: "THEFUTUR"

davidnallred | 3 avril 2017

Someone is bound to have "NIKOLA" already....

Garyeop | 3 avril 2017

Already ordered. KS. QLWORLD

It's lame though compared to our MS' NOMOGAS
Ha! We share the same first two words. And both plates reflect the truth of things.

TESLA GAL?
Yep. Kinda lame PG.

kenneth.raub | 3 avril 2017

I have "MODEL E" on my Leaf now, and will transfer it to the M3

noleaf4me | 3 avril 2017

Mine just came in today! TSLA 3 -- BTW -- many were already gone, this was my 5th choice.

Frank99 | 3 avril 2017

As I said in another thread, the best one I've seen so far on a Tesla was "LUV HZ". I thought about continuing in that vein and getting "HZ SO GD", but my wife didn't like that one (Didn't like "EM DRIVE" either). "ICE HZ" seems like a good similar inside joke. I have a TESLA based one that's leading the list at the moment; I don't have a car to put it on so I haven't paid for it yet (it would look just too weird stuck on the Expedition).

Frank, in California you can order the plate, take delivery and surrender your current plates, put the vanity plate on your vehicle for 5 minutes, then put the plate in "stasis" and order a generic plate for the Expedition.

(You're going from an Expedition to a Tesla? Wow.)

Frank99 | 3 avril 2017

Hmm, interesting thought, I'll have to see if that's possible in Arizona.

The Expedition lives its life sitting in the driveway, waiting patiently to tow the boat to the lake. Not a very environmentally conscious pastime, I know, but a relaxing one nonetheless. The Tesla will be replacing my Civic, bought in 2011 to beat up on my commute and which now has 110,000 miles. The kids are turning 16 this year, so I figure I'll make them share the Civic while I ride in style.

SamO | 3 avril 2017

R3SISTR

topher | 3 avril 2017

SOLA CA.

Thank you kindly.

georgehawley.fl.us | 4 avril 2017

Florida for me. Oh, you meant the script on the plate...

Red Sage ca us | 4 avril 2017

davidnallred: In California we are limited to seven characters for license plates. I did see a black Model S driving Southbound on the 405 FWY with the classic yellow letters on black background plates that read 'THEFUTR' a few weeks ago. It looked great!

Furioso | 4 avril 2017

EaglesPDX

KP in NPT | 4 avril 2017

EVOLV3 is available in my state. If I forego the EV plate.

melinda.v | 4 avril 2017

Last summer I changed my current car's plate over to CHARG3D (its turbo charged, so not totally unrelated) until the Model ☰ is ready for it.

Sparky | 4 avril 2017

2170309 (miles that is) :-)

Frank99 | 4 avril 2017

Oh, Furioso, you wouldn't want that on a plate. Think of the vandalism!
It was a pretty funny addition, though.

kaffine | 4 avril 2017

EOVERIR Ohm's Law

Ross1 | 4 avril 2017

What about MUSKOX and MUSKRAT ?

Ross1 | 4 avril 2017

@PG: FLYGAL ?

fholley | 4 avril 2017

COAL CAR. Most of our electricity in Ohio is from coal and natural gas coming from the Southeastern portion of the state. It will be great supporting local jobs every time my car is filled instead of sending money to the Middle Eastern countries that support terrorism.

Shesmyne2 | 4 avril 2017

I got rejected in CA for using a 3 as an e. Can't sub #s as a letter apparently.
Back to the drawing board...

Still Grinning ;-)

SamO | 4 avril 2017

What???

Frank99 | 4 avril 2017

Remarkably, "ICEHOLE" is available as a personalized plate in AZ, and isn't rejected due to "objectionable content". I'd get it, but I'm pretty sure they'd recall it within a month.

skirtsanis | 4 avril 2017

RIPOIL

Red Sage ca us | 4 avril 2017

Frank99: Yeah... You have to make sure not to drive by members of the PTA that haven't seen 'Johnny Dangerously' (1984).

Furioso | 5 avril 2017

@Frank99

Nah, nobody knows her in this part of the woods. Nevertheless, all my plates are personalized. Usually I use the ID's of the planes I fly and have the most fun with... :)

efodix | 5 avril 2017

1701-D. It satisfies the local plate content format, so paying for it shouldn't cost too much.

rodneyrl414 | 5 avril 2017

Ripice

Tcloutier5890 | 6 avril 2017

B4IDIE

tedirelan | 6 avril 2017

---ByeOil, Model E (because "forget" you Ford), LuvThis, 0260in6 (as in 0 to 60 in 6 seconds), and finally Tesla 3 (keeping it simple there).---

Also, here's a good link to a previous forum on this topic:

://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/hurry-hurry-step-right-get-your-custom-licence-plate

Pages