Can't edit the title.

akgolf | 4 avril 2017

Never mind.

anvred | 4 avril 2017

Original Post: https://redd.it/63h69b

KP in NPT | 4 avril 2017

Dammit give us the reveal already!

KP in NPT | 4 avril 2017

More pictures added since I first clicked - def no mustache.

KP in NPT | 4 avril 2017

And it there is definitely a strip for indicators across the dash. It looks bigger than I'd seen it from other angles

Carl Thompson | 4 avril 2017

I'm happy with it!

KP in NPT | 4 avril 2017

Electrek readers say that strip is the air vent.

4fishtankz | 4 avril 2017

https://www.teslarati.com/black-tesla-model-3-release-candidate-spotted-...

Here's more pictures, definitely looks like the nose and tail have been modified, I like it a lot.

georgehawley.fl.us | 4 avril 2017

Better photos needed.

Carl Thompson | 4 avril 2017

I couldn't see anything different about the trunk area or how it opens.

Carl

TheChad | 4 avril 2017

Lock at those door "handles"!

gavinfaulkner | 4 avril 2017

I am glad they didn't add the mustache. It's appears they widended the "top lip" to fill out the front more and drop down more abruptly under the head lights. Makes it appear less like a demented shark.

Octagondd | 4 avril 2017

I saw a clear seam around the outside of the tail light suggesting the taillight is part of the trunk now which would widen the opening.

SoFlaModel3 | 4 avril 2017

I must be missing it, but how are you guys seeing a picture of the interior?

PhillyGal | 4 avril 2017

What's up with the rear? It almost reminds me of that awful Audi A7 rear

Ehninger1212 | 4 avril 2017

Probably for aerodynamics, I like it.

david.jones24 | 4 avril 2017

@Phillygal,

I wouldn't swear it. Sounds like there's several different versions they built. We'll see in July.

eandmjep | 4 avril 2017

It is different. It's in gloss black. Otherwise............No change.

akgolf | 4 avril 2017

Teslarati found two extra sensors/cameras?

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-new-autopilot-cameras/amp

KP in NPT | 4 avril 2017

@PG some of the photos seem distorted to me. They were taken with a burst on iPhone so maybe that's what you're seeing?

gavinfaulkner | 4 avril 2017

Also looks like they took some of the fancy layering out of the headlights. Perhaps its an illusion but it has made them less interesting.

mos6507 | 4 avril 2017

"awful Audi A7 rear"

I really like the A7 rear.

As for the front, the seam at the top is still crisp but what it looks like they did was soften the seam on the sides so it doesn't scream "duckbill" as much.

There is NO badging at all yet on the front, which might be to attempt to disguise it, but the end result is we do not know how they are intending to complete it. Odds are there's no mustache if the plastic bumper needs to be manufactured with an inset in order to affix that piece, though.

Ehninger1212 | 4 avril 2017

Seriously, I have already saved these photos to my phone. This car seriously looks good! Also intrigued they were testing it with a BMW. Just shows how much Tesla wants to beat the driving dynamics of the 3 series.

KP in NPT | 4 avril 2017

I am doubting there will be a mustache. On the S/X, the hood opening goes all the way to the edge, ending at the mustache. On the 3 it doesn't. Kind of wondering why they did that.

Frank99 | 4 avril 2017

Any question like that, it's probably best to answer with "Ease of manufacturing".

efodix | 5 avril 2017

The front seems slightly tweaked (don't care much because I liked the original one just fine), but the trunk seems to be exactly the same as before.

SamO | 5 avril 2017

How's the hatchback coming?

Red Sage ca us | 5 avril 2017

KP in NPT: +1! Exactly.

KP in NPT | 5 avril 2017

Link to all photos taken by that guy:

http://imgur.com/a/B5kff

akgolf | 5 avril 2017

It's a shame he didn't get any interior pictures.

sbeggs | 5 avril 2017

@KP,
Thanks! Very satisfying to see these.

Also thank you @akgolf.

david.jones24 | 5 avril 2017

Nose is shorter than the prototype, but I really like the car. Looks pretty sweet. Can't wait to see the interior.

akgolf | 5 avril 2017

Same here!

Efontana | 5 avril 2017

Definite shelf in the front. Which is good.

noleaf4me | 5 avril 2017

All - check out the clip from May 2005 of the Model X test mule. SAME LICENSE PLATE as the model 3 production candidate!!!

http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-x-prototype-testing-interior-spotted-vi...

jamilworm | 5 avril 2017

@Octagondd, Good eye! I think the trunk area has changed. I put an image of the matte black prototype side-by-side with this new one and there is a clear difference. There was a visible seam above the center portion of the taillight that has now vanished, and a new seam has appeared to the right of that area, indicating that the center of the taillight is now part of the trunk door.

http://i.imgur .com/leZsDjM.png

Red Sage ca us | 5 avril 2017

jamilworm: No. It isn't.

Carl Thompson | 5 avril 2017

@jamilworm

You're right there's definitely something different about the light assembly but I'm not sure that it means that the trunk opening has changed. Maybe they've put a charging port on _both_ sides to make things easier for owners that have more than one EV.

Carl

jamilworm | 5 avril 2017

All I was saying is that something has changed. And since there is no seam between the light and the trunk door, then the light MUST open with the door, which is a change from the earlier prototypes.

carlk | 5 avril 2017

@noleaf4me All Tesla test cars have the same plate. Only one number is issued to one manufacturer.

Carl Thompson | 6 avril 2017

carlk:
"All Tesla test cars have the same plate. Only one number is issued to one manufacturer."

So that reinforces that while these cars we'll see before July are (mostly) made on the assembly line they're still not quite production yet. So there still may be cosmetic differences (badging is one) and there still may be super-secret stuff (like the steering wheel and controls) that are not on them.

Carl

mos6507 | 6 avril 2017

"All I was saying is that something has changed."

Agreed. Frankly I'm a little disappointed with how little has changed for all the hoopla over "pencils down" last year. A slight tweak to the front bumper and probably widening the opening of the trunk by incorporating more of the headlight and that's it?

SamO | 6 avril 2017

Taillight, not headlight.

jamilworm | 6 avril 2017

@mos6507: "A slight tweak to the front bumper and probably widening the opening of the trunk by incorporating more of the headlight and that's it?"

Really that's all I was expecting to change. Well, that and a new steering wheel. As far as I can recall those are the only things Elon every mentioned possibly changing. I know a lot of people started speculating on what SHOULD change, and that morphed into what was GOING TO change, and so now there is disappointment that it didn't change.

Carl Thompson | 6 avril 2017

jamilworm:
"I know a lot of people started speculating on what SHOULD change, and that morphed into what was GOING TO change, and so now there is disappointment that it didn't change."

Yup, that's about right!

Carl

M3forMe | 6 avril 2017

New video of the test mule from Wayne
https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=v58FJ9wwCZU

tonouno | 6 avril 2017

I think Tesla is letting you see a model of proof, not a model of production.

Red Sage ca us | 6 avril 2017

"...the line where the trunk opens snakes down from the roofline, around the edge of the car..."

No. It doesn't. That is a mirror image of the foldout area for the charging port. So that the left side of the car looks the same as the right.