Forums

When was the last wide spread firmware update.

When was the last wide spread firmware update.

I have a 2017 MS and MX both on 17.17.4 since May. Lots of update discussions and yes I follow the post on this but was this the last real system wide update. I know some me folks get updates when they visit the SC but 6 weeks since a real system wide update seams like a long time.

SeaDoc | 23 juin 2017

I totally agree - it appears that AP2 is not getting much in terms of updates beyond 17.17.17 - the current focus seems to be the AP1 vehicles... Patience is a virtue as a Tesla owner... Hope that is understood when the 3 owners come onboard - I'm not getting a good vibe that these folks are going to be more patient than we've been... Interesting times ahead.

UnshodBob | 23 juin 2017

My 2015 AP1 car got 17.11.10 in April. Nothing new until yesterday. Haven't loaded it. Assume 17.24.28

EVRider | 24 juin 2017

@UnshodBob: A number of other people are reporting speed limit issues with 17.24.28, so you might want to hold off on the update. I'm still on 17.11.10 and haven't received an update notification (though I haven't checked in a couple of days).

PeteB Lake Oswego | 24 juin 2017

It was a while for me, too, until the service center pushed 17.17.17 onto my MS P100D, about May 8th. I've not heard of anyone having that particular rev, though; seems everyone's either behind or ahead of that number. No update notifications for me since...

UnshodBob | 24 juin 2017

@EVRider - yes, my thoughts too. I've been reading about that version and can't see a reason to install it. I may wait for the next one to be released, but there will be no way to know if the bad version has been replaced on my car because Tesla doesn't make the version number visible until *after* installation is complete. I'd really like to see the version that is *pending* installation! :(

EVRider | 24 juin 2017

I received an update notification this morning, but I'm going to hold off on installing it. I agree that it would be useful to see the version before you choose to install it.

TaoJones | 24 juin 2017

Speed limit recognition problems didn't start with the latest release, which has been out for about 2 weeks now. Have had it for a week.

Yes, not having release notes/versioning available BEFOREHAND is just bizarre.

At least now they've started, albeit intermittently, to include a simple "Bug fixes and minor improvements" or similar if nothing major applies to yer vehicle at the time.