Forums

Current Tesla Owners with reservation for Model 3

Current Tesla Owners with reservation for Model 3

Hi Everyone!

It's my first time posting on the Tesla forums and I really do apologize if a post has been started. I'm wondering if current Tesla owners in California are waiting for their model 3 configuration invitation? Within my house hold and under the same account we have a Model X with a model 3 reservation (on 04/01/2016, and no this is not an April Fools joke lol). Still currently waiting for my invitation :( Any other current Tesla owners in California still waiting to configure? I'm really eager to start the configuration process and wait for the 4-5 week delivery.

dl1972 | 16 janvier 2018

What does the following link say on first production estimate?
https://3.tesla.com/model3/delivery-estimate

I think I have recently realized that depending on how close you are to a service center also matters as to when you receive the config invite email

BonnyB | 16 janvier 2018

I wasn't a tesla owner at the time I made a reservation for the model 3. due to complications my model 3 reservation wasn't counted as owner's priority. My estimator says feb to april 2018, however it should be earlier due to the owners priority change just recently.

KP in NPT | 16 janvier 2018

Yes, there are some CA owners who have not gotten invites.

It appears that *most* line waiters got it, some pre-reveal/day one got it. You being 4/1 could be the difference.

Then they sent out to pre-reveal (line waiters and online ) owner on East coast, but not so much in flyover country. My personal observation is it seems to be that owners in large markets (FL, ATL, DC, NY/NE) got it, but not everywhere.

My guess is the next group will be day one owners everywhere and rest of east coast + flyover country. Maybe 4/1 owners depending on what that number is.

This is all my pure speculation. Hopefully it will be "soon" for you.

RichardKJ | 16 janvier 2018

I’m an owner since mid 2014 and a 4/2 reservation holder 10 miles from the factory. No invite yet. The Google docs spreadsheet suggests a third of California owners have not been invited.

nathan.alhuwail | 16 janvier 2018

I am guessing all day 1, including non owners who waited in line, get theirs before online and/or day 2+ population.

PhillyGal | 17 janvier 2018

@nathan - no dice. I've heard of a 4/1 reservation holder Model X owner in Virginia being invited to configure.

jopp2 | 17 janvier 2018

@phillygal...boy those iggles! really sumpin' Goin' to Pat's for a fricken cheesesteak wit wiz today?

JenShaf | 31 janvier 2018

Hi all. We had a dear friend reserve our Tesla model 3 with his previous owner priority status a year ago. We picked up our model 3 last Thursday, but they had him sign our paperwork, (along with my signature) even though I entirely paid for the vehicle. Our bank was told by the dmv that when we remove his name from the registration that we will pay taxes AGAIN since it “looks like we purchased the car from him. “ Does this sound right?

rdavis | 31 janvier 2018

rocketmom007 | January 31, 2018
Hi all. We had a dear friend reserve our Tesla model 3 with his previous owner priority status a year ago. We picked up our model 3 last Thursday, but they had him sign our paperwork, (along with my signature) even though I entirely paid for the vehicle. Our bank was told by the dmv that when we remove his name from the registration that we will pay taxes AGAIN since it “looks like we purchased the car from him. “ Does this sound right?

If they titled it in his name, then you could be screwed.

Lbkp100d | 31 janvier 2018

Could your friend not “gift” the 3 to you?

seattlemag | 1 février 2018

That's how it works here in Seattle. Only exceptions are immediate family and divorces.