Forums

Center screen turns off

Center screen turns off

I was driving along today and the center screen just turned off and required a reboot bring it back. About three hours later on another drive it did exactly the same thing.

First time it’s ever happened in a year.

Anybody else had this?

HW2 2018.10.4

Rkevincarson | 28 mars 2018

Mine did the same thing a few times. They UG'ed the firmware to 2018.10.4.8bbdc66. We will see.

rednairb | 28 mars 2018

Maybe that's a new feature. Many people have been asking how to turn it off LOL

SilverSp33d3r | 28 mars 2018

Mine did it once after 2018.10.4 update but has not occurred since. My screen is “pulsing” or “flickering” at times now as well.

Solarwind | 28 mars 2018

I had a surprise about a week ago when the screen shutdown and rebooted on its own. I did nothing and all seems normal.

sr.smr | 28 mars 2018

Yep, have the latest firmware and it happened on Tuesday morning. First I tried to summon the garage from the garage using the fob and it would not flash the brake lights. So I gave up, got into the car and noticed the main screen was all black. I rebooted and the screen lit up, but the backup camera video was distorted. Rebooted a second time and everything went back to normal.

sr.smr | 28 mars 2018

Yep, have the latest firmware and it happened on Tuesday morning. First I tried to summon the car from the garage using the fob and it would not flash the brake lights. So I gave up, got into the car and noticed the main screen was all black. I rebooted and the screen lit up, but the backup camera video was distorted. Rebooted a second time and everything went back to normal.

akikiki | 28 mars 2018

PagemakersS75, Do you have a Blackvue DR650-2CH installed in your car?
I do. The DR650 is causing the car to reboot every 15 minutes.

akikiki | 28 mars 2018

And, I should have added, I performed a DR650 firmware update about a month ago and shortly after, the rebooting started. Took a while to determine that the rebooting was associated with the DR650.
If you have a DR650 installed and your touchscreen is rebooting, unplug power from the dashcam and see if that stops the rebooting.

PagemakersS75 | 28 mars 2018

No I don’t have Blackvue or any camera installed.

Flash | 31 mars 2018

I had the same issues with the same software version, including separate instances of getting into the car and having a blank touchscreen and the message that systems are booting up. Had to do the two button reset to be able to drive the car. Called the service center and took it in on Monday. They pulled the logs and confirmed with engineering that it is a known bug with a patch in the works.

PagemakersS75 | 31 mars 2018

Thank you. Good to hear

Silver2K | 31 mars 2018

akikiki | March 28, 2018
PagemakersS75, Do you have a Blackvue DR650-2CH installed in your car?
I do. The DR650 is causing the car to reboot every 15 minutes.
---------------------------------

how do you have the camera installed? spliced into the wire near the mic or obd2?
i have my 750s plugged into the obd2 and haven't had issues

illestjar | 29 juillet 2018

hi there, i'm having this same issue but now my screen won't even turn on. Have you taken your car to the service center? if so, what did they do to fix it?

Rprrsn | 6 avril 2019

It’s only 8-10 days since I bought model 3 and it shutdown the screen at least 5 times. The last time it shutdown it is not back yet.

Tldickerson | 6 avril 2019

@Rprrsn, did anybody on the Model 3 forum have any suggestions? Maybe the SC would be a good place to try.

wshryer | 25 juillet 2019

Today for the 4th time, this time while charging the screen turned off, and of course air quit, New Model 3 in June of this year!

wshryer | 25 juillet 2019

Today for the 4th time, this time while charging the screen turned off, and of course air quit, New Model 3 in June of this year!