I have enjoyed my model S for a month now and I love it, but I have some suggestions for Elon & Co. Can I just post them here or is there a better way to submit them?
1. Beautiful map screen, but I would like to be able to switch from "North-up" display to "Heading up". That would make it easier to interpret surroundings while driving. For example: OK, I'm heading South, (think-think), so the left side of the screen is actually on my right as I drive. Ha!
2. Living in Vermont we have to deal with ice storms & such. Would like to be able to leave and lock the car with the door handles in the extended position. I can see myself coming back to the car and having the handles frozen in so that they will not extend.
3. Along the same lines, us Northerners sometimes like to leave the car with the wipers lifted off the windshield glass in a snowstorm so that they will not freeze to the window. Don't think I can do it the way it is set up now, although I suppose I could turn the defroster on for a while before I go out to the car.
4. DISPLAY ISSUES: If I could design the displays myself I would have an analog clock-face either on the main screen, bottom left corner, or just to the left of the speedometer on the dashboard. The digital displays are too small for me to read without glasses now that I am a genuine geezer. Not a big one, but one that's easy to see.
5. The map display is so spectacular. I love being able to see the surrounding terrain behind the road I am traveling. Why not embed a small altitude readout somewhere on the satellite view? Google earth does it.