Submitted by Rich S on Mon, 2011-03-07 12:14
We just received an email from George Blankenship with some new information:
1. Deliveries for North America begin in mid-2012
2. First 1000 cars will be North American Model S Signature Series with 300 mile range battery.
3. After the Model S Signature Series deliveries for NA they will continue with the 300 mile batteries, followed by the 230 and 160 options later in 2012.
4. Delivery of European left-hand drive to begin in late 2012. In mid 2013 they plan to begin delivering right-hand drive for Europe and Asia. Each launch will begin with a limited edition Signature Series.
5. Expect to produce 5,000 units in 2012 and ramp up to 20,000 units per single shift in 2013.
6. Price of the US base Model S with 160 mile battery is $49,900 AFTER the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit. The 230 mile range battery is expected to price at about $10,000 more and the 300 mile battery option at about $20,000 more than base.
7. Still working on final pricing and options, including the Signature Series. Expect to have updates on Worldwide pricing this summer.
That about covers the news.