Forums

Website redirects me to UK website

Website redirects me to UK website

I live in the U.S. and purchased my Model 3 in April. For some reason the website keeps redirecting me to the UK Tesla site when I log in. I see my car there but wondering why it does this. Also I just made my first referral, friends are purchasing, and I want to be sure the referral code will still work. Anyone else have an issue like this?
Alan Greenberg
Austin, TX

PrescottRichard | 7 novembre 2018

That is odd.

Are you using one of those services internet services that obfuscate your actual location or data (VPN?)?

agconsults | 7 novembre 2018

Prescott AZ Blue,

Nope. I do use a VPN from time to time...might have had mine on when i made my original reservation, or completed purchase, but never noticed anything connected to the UK. I emailed Tesla a few weeks ago but got no response. Only thing new at my end is a new AT&T router installed a few weeks ago....

PrescottRichard | 7 novembre 2018

Well, that was a shot in the dark.

Sadly Tesla support is a little s l o w lately. What does it say for your preferred service center for your car? Hopefully something closer than the UK :)

lilbean | 7 novembre 2018

Click Model S at the top, then scroll all the way to the bottom. Click the UK flag at the bottom right. You will then be able to choose the USA flag.

agconsults | 7 novembre 2018

Thank you both, Prscott AZ Blue and lilbean. Lilbean nailed it. Though I had to not just change and reboot...also had to sign out and then sign back in for it to "stick." Much appreciated.

lilbean | 7 novembre 2018

You’re welcome, @agconsults. :o)

mattykolej | 14 novembre 2018

Maybe something wrong with your IP? Sometimes providers can mistakenly block yours. Actually, I'm not that pro in this field but I had a like problem. VPN helped me. Try it too. Pick any free on http://vpnservicepro.com/ and just check.