Forums

Buy a P3-, or wait for the Y?

Buy a P3-, or wait for the Y?

I’m an SR+ owner and have had the car 4 months. My wife drives an Enclave and our plan was to get her the Y.

With the new pricing on the downgraded P3 I’m having a hard time not pulling the trigger now. I’ve seen the renderings of the Y and read the performance numbers. We have 2 kids and rarely ever use the 3rd row, but do from time to time. Plus from what I’ve heard the 3rd row on the Y is small.

We have 4 cars with 2 drivers and all are paid off. There is literally no justifiable reason to do this other than I want a P3. She is all in either way.

I’d love to hear from you gals/guys on your thinking. Thanks.

model3AZ42 | 22 juillet 2019

I ordered the P3- today. Found one in Vegas. White/White with 19 inch wheels. Base price was $49,999 plus $1500 upgrade for the wheels and $1k for white interior.

While I was at Tesla today I also figured out how to change my user name!! Was drewallen42.

Should be here next week. Appreciate everyone participating in the discussion. Can’t wait to see what it’s like.

vmulla | 23 juillet 2019

Congratulations on the purchase :)
It was a nice discussion too.

jumpman1302 | 15 août 2019

Buy P3 ,it has amazing features and the speed is unbelievable.

CaliforniaMaki808 | 15 août 2019

If you can afford it get the P so you can get unlimited charges. Unlimited charging is so worth it.

rsingh05 | 15 août 2019

@CaliforniaMaki808 - Free supercharging on the 3P ended a year ago. Of course the car cost $15K-18K more last year so can't expect them continue to offer FUSC at the much reduced price.

rsingh05 | 15 août 2019

@OP congratulations on the purchase!

model3AZ42 | 15 août 2019

Thank you. Today is two weeks with the car and I can’t stop driving it. I literally have no where to go, I just can’t stop.

It is such an amazing car.

vmulla | 15 août 2019

@model3AZ42,
What about FSD? Did you pull the trigger?

model3AZ42 | 15 août 2019

Not yet. Just AP.

I work from home and only commute to the airport once a month. Basic AP and driving in the carpool lane is perfect for now. If a fire sale comes along I might get it. I just don’t think it’s worth it for $6k.

dildanimada19 | 20 août 2019

I ordered the P3- today. Found one in Vegas. White/White with 19 inch wheels. Base price was $49,999 plus $1500 upgrade for the wheels and $1k for white interior.
https://skillminegames.com/best-popular-games-to-play-in-2019/

While I was at Tesla today I also figured out how to change my user name!! Was drewallen42.

Should be here next week. Appreciate everyone participating in the discussion. Can’t wait to see what it’s like.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 20 août 2019

Yes.

Pages