Forums

No Roadster batteries

No Roadster batteries

I have a 2010 Roadster that needs a new battery but the worst part isn't that it's $19,000. the problem is after waiting for 3 months to get it, they now tell me it will be 5 more months. I own the Roadster, Model S, Model X, waiting for my new Roadster and buying my son a Model 3 very soon.
Not sure I'm going to go through with the new Roadster and Model 3 now. How can they run out of batteries for 9 months?

mariusrodenburg | 4 septembre 2019

I am now waiting 1.5 years and still no news if they ever will supply a replacement pack. The price they quoted me is 35.000 euro.

jkfarber | 4 septembre 2019

They had quoted me a lot more. I told them that I remember seeing a special price promotion a while ago so they got back and told me they could do it for about $19,000 I guess it doesn't matter what they tell me if they don't have it.
I was just ready to order my son a Model 3 but I'm going to have to rethink that now.

x.l.r.8 | 7 septembre 2019

Interesting that they are trying to remake the roadster battery as the 3.0 was far from successful. There was meant to be an announcement in a few months, but that was before the taycan release. I don't know why it would stop you from going through with a model 3 purchase though. The batteries have been in short supply for a long time. What number roadster did you buy out of interest.

officialmixstatus | 9 septembre 2019

I think there is a battery issue https://isaiminimovies.com Thanks to let me know about the problems - Dhanush

jkfarber | 11 septembre 2019

My new Roadster # is RN109066448 I ordered it the first day. Actually, I first ordered the Founders series but switched to the regular one after about 2 weeks. I'm not happy that Tesla doesn't support the original Roadster. It obviously wasn't cheap and not sure if they'll ever have a battery. Short supply is being generous as one person already said they've waited 1 1/2 years so far. Mines been in service since May and they're already telling me January or February. I'll be very happy if they can fix it within a year. They can't even make it show up online in my account.