Forums

Tesla Reneging on Free Supercharging Offer

Tesla Reneging on Free Supercharging Offer

All,

I ordered a new Model 3 in mid September this year, and picked the car up from Tesla in Tysons Corner VA on September 24th. When I ordered the car, I was told by my sales associate that, if the car came in by the end of September, we would receive two years of supercharging at no cost. When I picked up the car on September 24th, the person who handled our transaction told us we would be receiving the supercharging status change in two or three weeks.

I have followed up with our Tesla sale associate several times, and after multiple calls, yesterday he responded he could not give us the two years as promised. No explanation.

Aside from taking this to arbitration, which I am prepared to do, does anyone have any advice on how to proceed with Tesla on something like this? I can hardly believe that any company, especially Tesla, would do such a thing.

Thanks for any suggestions and comment.

mcdonalk | 9 novembre 2019

This won't help you, unfortunately, but it may be helpful to other prospective customers reading this thread. You may check to see what is stated in your online account.

Don't believe anything unless it is stated in your online account. In my case, we bought at a time when free supercharging was offered, and that is clearly stated in our online account.

EVRider | 9 novembre 2019

Was the free supercharging deal available to anyone taking delivery in Q3, or just your deal? If the former, you should be able to find something online to help make your case; if the latter, and you didn’t get anything in writing, you’re probably SOL.

753tallent | 9 novembre 2019

Thank you for responses. When I picked up the car, I was told it would be 3-4 weeks until the free supercharger credit showed up in my online account. They said there was a backlog.

It is a matter of record that, in September, Tesla authorized its sales people to offer the 2 year charging credit. And our sales person does not dispute that he offered it. I have no doubt I will win this eventually; just surprised Tesla would employ such a bait and switch tactic to sell a car.

mcdonalk | 9 novembre 2019

There is a thread about this on the Model 3 forum. Although I did not read it in detail (I'm not a Model 3 owner), it seems commonly accepted there that this benefit takes some days to show up in the respective accounts.

jimglas | 9 novembre 2019

It took about a month for my FUSC to show up on my account.
I was never billed for SCing before it showed up on my account.

EVRider | 9 novembre 2019

The OP's issue is that the salesperson told them that they would not get free supercharging after first telling them they would, so this isn't about how long it takes for the account to update.

@753tallent: I suggest you contact Tesla using the Request Help link on your Model 3 vehicle page (in My Tesla). You can also use the Contact link below to submit comments to Tesla.

airwaves60 | 9 novembre 2019

I had a similar problem when I was trying to purchase the FSD option for my MX. I documented every conversation in the Request for Help section on my account page. It took about 3 months to get it resolved. IMO documentation and patience is the key to resolving problems and concerns with Tesla.