Forums

Mach-E reveal is very entertaining :)

Mach-E reveal is very entertaining :)

Tesla 3 enthusiasts will love the Mach-E reveal. I'm watching it now, and it's the best entertainment that I can remember in recent times.

Really!! :)

FISHEV | 18 novembre 2019

"Norway isn't going to prop up dying cars."@calvin940

I would not call Tesla a "dying car" just because e-Tron and i-Pace are outselling Tesla in Norway, Europe's leader in EV adoption. It is a sign that there is a robust EV market and people want the luxury and safety features Tesla doesn't provide. It will put pressure on Tesla to start adding features.

“Audi e-tron, Jaguar I-PACE Are Outselling Tesla Model X In Norway“

https://insideevs.com/news/380011/e-tron-i-pace-model-x-norway/

lbowroom | 18 novembre 2019

Yeah, how are they selling against the Model 3 there?

dmastro | 18 novembre 2019

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
jimglas | November 18, 2019
@jebinc: Does it have a Turbo like the Taycan?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure why people continue to make a big deal about this... it's just Porsche's traditional naming convention, used so buyers will easily grasp the various levels of these cars.

Speaking of the Taycan. Saw one on the freeway at lunch today. Good looking car. He waved as I slowed down to check it out.

"I'm not sure why people continue to make a big deal about this."@dmastro

Are Tesla fanbois people though? There is talk on the internet they are bots that Musk created and then abandoned here.

WW_spb | 18 novembre 2019

Fish, are you competition bot?

calvin940 | 18 novembre 2019

"I would not call Tesla a "dying car"
------------------
As you know, I wasn't. i was calling the e-tron and i-pace dying and stating that based on your article identifying that those two were outselling Tesa for that period that it isn't going to save them. Their sales aren't good and are overall declining and it isn't going well for them.

Those manufacturers need to put the effort in that Ford has clearly undertaken if they are to be taken seriously. Right now, they aren't and are actually a bit of a joke.

Fish, you've devolved into super shallow, easily debunked, thumb your nose comments.... what's up? Has the well of deep thought deception dried out? Can't get the seeds of shady myths to grow?

jimglas | 18 novembre 2019

perhaps fish is just a different sock from the troll farm using the name

e-Tron selling quite well in EU and Asia...that Norway headline again. Production will sell out with expensive top end Audi EV...that's good news.

January 431
February 398
March 1.791
April 990
May 1.200
June 1.554
July 1.715
August 1.056
September 1.552

definitely a tezlakiller

at one point they changed from FishEV to FISHEV, oops.

@FISHEV

Your stats only serve to prove my point. Those aren't good sales for a the launch of that vehicle.

Just like Tanya ;) Tanya_,Tanya...,T@nya

yes, with no possible explanation for the first name change, Tanya has resorted to rotating the name frequently to establish that it's just her thing... like for fun and stuff

details, details

"Those aren't good sales for a the launch of that vehicle."@calvin940

Audi thinks they are great as it means selling out first year production. Those who think E-Mustang, e-Tron and i-Pace are bad for Tesla are mistaken but that's what comes from living in narrow world of for-Tesla or against-Tesla.

Marsha Marsha Marsha

ReD eXiLe ms us | 18 novembre 2019

calvin940: More and more vehicles are becoming 'exclusive' as they meander on 'independent franchised dealership' lots for months and months and months to come...

dmastro: I hate the cold. Anything below 75° Fahrenheit feels frigid to me. So, I wear gloves when I go out for my morning constitutional here each day. I've never had the benefit of a heated steering wheel in any vehicle I have ever owned. The few times I have ridden in vehicles with heated seats, they were quite nice. But I don't find either feature a necessity. Just a 'nice to have' bonus. Not a deal breaker either way.

I wonder if making his name all capital letters is to outline his Royal status. :) Fishy we will miss you when you go to Ford forum. Nooot

He's not going anywhere

@FISHEV

Look back at my comments. I never once lumped Ford in with those other two. In fact, I separated it out. Bad EVs (e-tron and i-pace) are bad for everyone. Ones that are actually trying are good for EVs. I like Ford's offering.

You identified that you put a deposit down on the Ford. I assume you are therefore cancelling your deposit on either the fantastic E-tron or superb I-pace?

Scrannel | 18 novembre 2019

Yeah, Audi's own site jokes that the e-tron is the worst selling EV in the world. The 3 is not being out sold in Norway, only the S & X as that was a $ to $ comparison. As I recall 30% of ALL new registered cars in Norway are Model 3 Teslas.

"at one point they changed from FishEV to FISHEV, oops."@lbowroom

As Tesla knows I never did.

Let me know if you ever actually see that and the person is pretending to be FISHEV. I can copy it and forward to Tesla.

Now if I get the E-Mustang and sell FISHEV, you might be able to get the freed up name.

Exactly, just distorted facts from the fish

dmastro | 18 novembre 2019

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReD eXiLe ms us | November 18, 2019

dmastro: I hate the cold. Anything below 75° Fahrenheit feels frigid to me. So, I wear gloves when I go out for my morning constitutional here each day. I've never had the benefit of a heated steering wheel in any vehicle I have ever owned. The few times I have ridden in vehicles with heated seats, they were quite nice. But I don't find either feature a necessity. Just a 'nice to have' bonus. Not a deal breaker either way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You should try one, you might just like it.

You made the same point as I did... nice to have, not a deal breaker. Although the nice-to-haves help shape a purchasing decision.

You take the basic functionality of each make, add in all the conveniences and nice-to-haves, subtract the annoyances, divide by the cost, then factor in the heart - and that's how decisions are made.

"As Tesla knows I never did."

Wow, now that's a total whopper! Good job!

Anyone can be any name at any time, no freeing up required. Also, any name change updates name in all other locations. You know all of this though. Why pretending?

SamO | 18 novembre 2019

Just making sure his 100% fail rate is secured.

"Anyone can be any name at any time, no freeing up required. Also, any name change updates name in all other locations."@lbowroom

Ah...so it was you? "Free up" in the sense that imitating other owner's is not likely to fly with Tesla. That was one of the issues in the recent suspension and the cease and desist emails to the gang members.

But stop hijacking the E-Mustang thread with your Roger Stone tutorial.

E-Mustang looks to be a great EV and a great car. Hits all the features and safeties.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 18 novembre 2019

Pg3ibew commented, "All cars made today are infinitely better than years ago."

Yes. Well, maybe not 'infinitely', but certainly 'measurably'. And numerous Trolls and [ICEHOLES] on the Internet steadfastly refuse to admit that fact. So do gearheads and pundits on television and in print media. They steadfastly refuse to admit that anything good has come to fruition as a result of government regulations controlling emissions or fuel economy.

Plus, they engage in revisionist history. They have spent so many decades declaring loudly and boisterously that, "Electric cars will NEVER work!" typically followed up by statements that are quite arguably proven incorrect by the very existence of Tesla.

See, as a longtime 'Car Guy' myself, I am fully aware that much of enthusiasm for ICE cars is wrapped up in arguing over the evangelism of particular brands and their chosen engineering philosophy. At the track, watching a race, or discussing the results of comparison tests in magazines from Road & Track, Car and Driver, or Motor Trend.

Everyone has evidence to support their point of view. No one ever actually wins. It's mostly about bragging rights. Everyone can walk away feeling good about themselves. At least until the next week, when the arguments begin anew.

But Tesla 'broke the rules'. They built an electric car with more than decent range. And it cost less than flagship vehicles from AUDI, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, or Porsche. So you couldn't REALLY stand by calling it 'too expensive' without simultaneously indicting all the rest. Plus, the Model S received the highest rating from Consumer Reports, right after receiving the MOTOR TREND CAR OF THE YEAR award (and a similar one from AUTOMOBILE magazine), while also receiving the best possible safety rating from the NHTSA. And, it won by having superior 'fuel efficiency' combined with world beating acceleration. Thus, during 2013, its first full calendar year of production, this long range fully electric car won the top sales position among high end large flagship vehicles in the U.S. Not only was the car new, but so was the automobile company that built it. An AMERICAN company. Oops?

Even the criticism that, "265 miles range is not enough!" fell flat. Especially when one notes that for decades ICE cars of its size weighed a similar amount but struggled to achieve 10-12 MPG on a good day. So even a 25 gallon tank might achieve barely 250-to-300 miles range. And back then, when the hint of the shadow of the fuel indicator needle touched 'E', the car STOPPED. So people got in the habit of stopping for gas when the fuel gauge registered 1/4 tank remaining. So, their actual effective range with those lumbering gas guzzlers was more like...187-to-225 miles before they stopped for gas.

Sure, by the time the Tesla Model S arrived on the scene, even huge luxury gas guzzlers had managed to achieve 20 MPG. So they may have had a cruising range of 400-to-600 miles before running dry. But this is where the hypocrisy of EV Naysayers shows through.

See, in the three or four decades leading up to the Model S release, they had steadfastly said that, "Until an electric car has a range over two hundred miles, it just won't work!" And, they immediately moved the goalposts when the Model S arrived, saying instead, "Until an electric car has a range of five hundred miles (and can be bought for under $25,000... and filled 'from empty' in five minutes or less) it just won't work!" Interesting isn't it...?

Because they completely forgot about their original 200 mile range benchmark for electric vehicle acceptance. AND, they completely forgot that the ONLY reason that large heavyweight luxury ICE cars were capable of traveling distances in excess of 400 miles was because of the fuel economy and emissions regulations that lead to the advances in ICE technology they had spent decades decrying. And it never occurred to them why it was that they still practiced filling up their cars at 1/4 tank remaining. So, even with a 400+ mile range, they were filling up every 300 miles.

Sure. I'm a 'Car Guy'. But unlike my Friends, who were dedicated adherents to Pushrod V8s, Wankel Rotary, or Air-Cooled Flat Sixes... I remained largely drivetrain agnostic. I like what works. I like fast cars. I like pretty cars. But except for rare examples, I feel that, "A loud car does not a fast car make." The most impressive ICE cars I encountered over the past thirty years or so were relatively silent as they rolled away from me at a signal light. One was a restored Ford Galaxie 500 that just rolled away without more than a low hiss, not a rumble. The other was a Chevrolet Beretta GTZ that absolutely toasted me with no drama or apparent effort at all.

But, even as I was impressed by and admired various ICE cars I have seen since childhood, there was always the quiet whisper in the back of my head that said, "Why isn't this an electric car?" I know why today, of course.

The same reason that automotive parts are made of plastic instead of hardened boron steel or titanium. Die cast from Zinc instead of formed from drop forged Steel. Engineered to burn or leak oil instead of being built to tight tolerances. Made of dissimilar metals that will wear and corrode over time causing inevitable failure. Because ICE vehicles are conceived, designed, and expected to provide a secondary revenue stream that can potentially last decades 'on the back end'. A continual process off remove & replace that makes ICE cars naught more than rolling spare parts conveyances.

Because it is much harder to engineer an electric vehicle to spontaneously fall apart within days, weeks, or months of passing its warranty mileage. Because 'independent franchised dealerships', as the only public facing entity for most automobile manufacturers, make their money, their profit margin, estimated at 60%-to-80% of it, from service, maintenance, & repairs. Not from sales of new cars.

Over the years their representatives from NADA have estimated the percentage of their overall profit gleaned from NEW car sales was anywhere from 4%, to 2%, to 1%, and finally 'nothing'. They get a much better return from the sale of used cars on a per unit basis. And they keep referring to themselves as 'the little guy', 'small, local, family businesses', or 'Mom & Pop Organizations'. Complete and total lies at their heart.

They never, even once, admit to the fact they are operated by gigantic corporations. PENSKE Automotive, AutoTrader, CARVANA, and others are truly huge, powerful, well financed behemoths with great influence. Just because a local stealership still sports the same old sign from 1970s,1980s, or 1990s commercials above its grounds doesn't mean it is still owned by the same Family, 'a cornerstone of the community'. I don't care if it's FELIX, WORTHINGTON, ROBERTSON, ELWAY, or 'Billy Bob Bleuhardt's Big Blue World of Cars'. Fact of the matter is they may well have sold out to a larger corporate entity two decades ago. A corporation that had the prior owners sign a non-compete contract, a non-disclosure agreement, and sales documents that gave Family Members lifetime jobs wherin they got a big lump sum of cash up front, higher salaries that were guaranteed, and the ability (read, obligation) to continue acting as the 'public face' of the new entity as its 'owner' while funneling 90% of their actual profits to the larger corporation. That's why the staff doesn't get higher pay or benefits. Their wages are fixed, by the larger corporation so as not to cut into profits.

"Mom...? What's my natural hair color?"

"Oh, honey... I don't remember..."

-- Kelly & Peggy Bundy, 'MARRIED: WITH CHILDREN'

Nope, it was definitely just an oversight by your crew. Cease and desist letters are your invention, they never existed, just warnings that a member complained about foul language. I'm no more hijacking this thread than you did. The more truth that shines on you, the more you ramp up these nonsense claims.

TeslaTap.com | 18 novembre 2019

Didn't know the Mach-E was crash tested and got a rating at NHTSA and IIHS. I thought you had to be in production first. Did it get 5 stars in every category?

Magic 8 Ball | 18 novembre 2019

Why are the panel gaps so large?

And about your famous verification. You met up with a complete stranger and the first thing you did was hand over your license and registration?

TeslaTap.com | 18 novembre 2019

(Referring to "safeties.").

@TeslaTap.com

He means the FISH-CERTIFIED safeties.

Ya know, the ones he likes to talk about that every car has except Tesla (◔_◔)

Featiures the Mach-E has Model Y doesn't

1. Back window wiper
2. Blind side indicators
3. Lane keeping
4. Rear cross traffic warning
5. Rear brake assist.
6. Inline drivers screen
7. Separate shifter
8. No look mirror adjustments
9. No look wiper adjustments
10. No look light adjustments.
11. Built in wireless charging
12. Easy to use HVAC controls
13. Heated wheel
14. Ventilated seats

Even if that options list is accurate, (I didn't see it published anywhere)..... so?

"Didn't know the Mach-E was crash tested and got a rating at NHTSA and IIHS."@Tesla.Tap

For sure but like the Model 3 which did not get it's Top Safety Pick until four months after I purchased it, there are preliminary tests from NHSTA that provide some guidance. Not the gold standard of IIHS.org but, again like the Model 3, you can tell where it will end up.

and for the 100th time, why do you call it blind side? It was a good movie but what does it have to do with cars?

Magic 8 Ball | 18 novembre 2019

I don't think Ford investors are really feeling the love, stock went down today.

Is it because the model 3 has a blind spot indicator?

@lbowroom | November 18, 2019
Is it because the model 3 has a blind spot indicator?
-----------------
Of course. he can't call it Spot because that is there, so he refers to it as side so you can't quote the feature list even though that's what it is. Same as Lane keeping.

I have a few more for you FISH that are in the same class as yours!

15. No Look Gummybear retrieval compartment
16. Built-in Mosquito detector
17. Look ma, no hands.. oh wait, Tesla has that... scratch that one....

Blind Spot Assist. But he only concentrates on mirror indicators ) bc he doesn't know how to use Tesla blind spot assistance. What a clown

coselectric | 18 novembre 2019

I'd trade my autopilot for proper lane keeping in a heartbeat, you got me there, fish.

"I'd trade my autopilot for proper lane keeping in a heartbeat, you got me there, fish."@coselectric

I'm about to trade $1,300 for proper BSI.

vmulla | 18 novembre 2019

Page 4 - wow, didn't expect this to carry as long. I was just amused that Ford folks basically copied the Model S until they couldn't copy anymore - and then put on this show acting as they're the first to come up with all this.

Here's a list of all the things Ford emphasized that's 'old' Tesla technology - 8yrs old?
- The cell phone as a key
- Low center of gravity, near 50-50 weight distribution for excellent handling
- Big screen that 'just pops' contextual info :)
- Over the air updates
- Navigation that routes through chargers
What else? that list is so long that it's funny. After almost 80K tesla miles it's hard for me to be impressed with Mach-E. That's Ok with the specs but that marketing was a bit too much. I was half gagging and half ROTFL.

-"Low center of gravity, near 50-50 weight distribution for excellent handling"@vmulla

The howler headline of the century. "Tesla invents low center for gravity".

Bighorn | 18 novembre 2019

The novel front trunk?

vmulla | 18 novembre 2019

Actually it looks like Ford invented low center of gravity. No? That's what anyone would believe after seeing the show.
----

I'm actually cheering for this car (and Kona, and VW ID3, and Leaf, and Nio, and every other electric vehicle that's coming out) --- and that reveal was fun to watch - but damn it's hard to have balanced opinions on this forum when folks take these outrageous positions on everything Tesla :(

Pages