Forums

Mach-E reveal is very entertaining :)

Mach-E reveal is very entertaining :)

Tesla 3 enthusiasts will love the Mach-E reveal. I'm watching it now, and it's the best entertainment that I can remember in recent times.

Really!! :)

calvin940 | 19 novembre 2019

@dmastro

"I cay also say that Tesla's "sales" staff didn't know any more about my car than I did when I bought it."
-----------------------
Well, the majority of us aren't really the general/mainstream public either.

FISHEV | 19 novembre 2019

“ The E-tron does offer a heated steering wheel.”@Iwantmy3

I don’t see it listed under options and when my friend purchased hers in July it was a big issue for her (she wanted heated wheel) Audi told her not available. e-Tron does offer Apple/Google which Tesla and Ford do not.

"I assume Ford and other legacy manufacturers will provide EV training to some of their sales staff and create experts at each dealership."@dmastro

That's exactly it. Only certain Ford Dealerships are EV certified. I'm guessing a promotional tool for Ford to encourage dealerships to go EV "Get Certified Now". Might get some red state dealerships who look on stopping EV's as patriotic but most will likely want some of the $50k car sales.

Magic 8 Ball | 19 novembre 2019

@dmastro I see it similar to what GM did with Saturn. Lincoln/Mercury has its own dealer network and so did Mazda. We all know dealers would sell their own mother's if they were on the lot and it was legal. The dealers are still being force fed the ICE legacy cars, that is not stopping.

I would be more convinced Ford, and others, were planning for the future if they just parroted Tesla's model completely instead of in a half ass way.

Mach E is way more luxy and feature rich than the stark Model 3/Y.

jimglas | 19 novembre 2019

Fish is ALWAYS wrong

SamO | 19 novembre 2019

Facts don't care about a troll's feelings.

Mike UpNorth_ | 19 novembre 2019

Deranged weirdo.

ha ha ha ha. I think FISH has lost his fins. He is just floundering...

Bighorn | 19 novembre 2019

Falls flat

Iwantmy3 | 19 novembre 2019

FISHEV
https://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/models/etron/e-tron-quattro/build-price.html
Heated 3-spoke, leather-covered multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles

"Heated 3-spoke, leather-covered multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles"@Iwantmy3

Must be new or the Audi sales guy in SLC is a dead man. She really wanted them and Audi insisted no at the time, she ordered early 2019 and took delivery July 2019.

https://imgur.com/bN7Fa3p

-TheJohn- | 19 novembre 2019

You're doing an amazing job of showing what a pile of BS you push today.

Iwantmy3 | 19 novembre 2019

cmh95628
"Interesting to me that at around 23 minutes into the youtube version of the reveal, they show 278 miles to go with 68% SoC. That equates to about 409 miles range (no buffer or margin). That is about what a Tesla M3 RWD would get with a 100 KWh battery."

I think a couple of those screens are showing km instead of miles. There is a frame at 24:03 that shows 390 km @~80%. Ford's technology is largely in partnership with Blackberry QNX in Waterloo Ontario. Not too surprising if some screens showing km slip though.
https://business.financialpost.com/technology/ford-hires-400-blackberry-...

ReD eXiLe ms us | 19 novembre 2019

dmastro: Interesting. I suppose you have missed or skipped over the multiple lengthy diatribes I have written in the past nearly six years outlining 'The EViLS of Independent Franchised Dealerships'...? Weird. I seem to mention it every 3-to-5 posts I make.

Suffice to say... most anything you might assume is a reasonable, thoughtful, easily accomplished, logical means of getting the staff at a typical Ford Stealership to work toward selling a fully electric car that is exceptional or capable in an affordable or informative manner...? Is technically illegal. Can't be done. Won't be allowed. Will result in an immediate $#!+storm of legal challenges, injunctions, and cease and decist orders. There are a LOT of protectionist laws on the books that safeguard the right of 'independent franchised dealerships' to hold a monopoly over the sale of NEW cars. Most of those laws are called 'Franchise Laws' and are purposely written as completely different dtatutes than those that govern other types of businesses. Such as franchises for restaurants, real estate agencies, donut shops, coffee shops, ice cream shops, distribution of makeup, sales of naughty clothing & toys, provision of dietary supplements, housecleaning, plumbing, or pest control services, etc. Due to the nature of their 'independence' from automobile manufacturers, 'independent franchised dealerships' do not have to do anything advised, cajoled, demanded, expected, or suggested by those companies. Literally NOTHING. Whatever contract they sign is superceded, in perpetuity, by franchise law. This is why Tesla doesn't use 'independent franchised dealerships ... like everyone else'. You don't have to believe me, but it's true.

dmastro | 19 novembre 2019

@Red: I have no idea what you're saying. Are you suggesting it is illegal for a Ford dealership to sell a Ford EV? The various Ford EVs and hybrids of the past (and Toyotas, and Hyundais, and so on and so on) seem to counter your opinion.

I have not read your manifestos. Honestly, I find them to be very long, windy, preachy, and without a point..

I do understand the fact that most makes are sold through franchised dealerships, and there are a host of negotiated terms and legalities that apply, some to the benefit of the manufacturer and others to the benefit of the dealership. But to my (rather limited, and probably your rather limited) knowledge, there is nothing that would prevent a car manufacturer to distribute an EV through their dealer channels and provide education and training to support sales staff.... pretty common in the franchise world.

Scanning near the end I read

"Due to the nature of their 'independence' from automobile manufacturers, 'independent franchised dealerships'
do not have to do anything advised, cajoled, demanded, expected, or suggested by those companies. Literally
NOTHING."

That is factually incorrect. Franchise agreements do require franchisees to comply with a myriad of terms.

While I'm sure your lengthy diatribe is no doubt written with passion, I don't see much truth there.

lbowroom | 19 novembre 2019

The GT grill is different the rest. At least it actually looks like a grill and not a floating piece of useless plastic.

"https://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/models/etron/e-tron-quattro/build-price.html Heated 3-spoke, leather-covered multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles"@Iwantmy3

Turns out that's Canadian Audi. AudiUSA models don't off the heated wheel. I guess it's like Kona EV not offering battery heater on US models.

TeslaTap.com | 19 novembre 2019

"Audi owners seeing 204 rated range but 240 estimated range" Not quite sure what that means. So the internal display offers two numbers? I suppose like any EV, if you drive slow enough, you get more miles.

Tesla owners seeing 322 rated range can easily get 400+ miles of real range by traveling at 40 mph. Not sure why that's useful, but if you want to win the range race, just slow the cars down, run on the level, and have the temps around 70F. I'm sure some Audi might even do 250 miles under optimum conditions. Otherwise, only the EPA numbers should be used for comparisons - not questionable internet postings.

WantMY | 19 novembre 2019

I prefer Mach-E interior design to Tesla soap box plain vanilla "nothing" approach to 3 and Y..

"Tesla owners seeing 322 rated range can easily get 400+" - no they wont, the vampire drain and resistive heater would not let it happen ever, lol

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi | 19 novembre 2019

@WantMY, Are you related to Catfish?

jnordland | 19 novembre 2019

@WantMY there's a youtube video showing a TM3 getting over 600 miles on a single charge by driving around 25-30mph in a constant loop. It took them like 20+ hours to complete it.

Yes WhiteWi, WantMY is also a troll.

TranzNDance | 19 novembre 2019

Good thing there are different choices for people who have different tastes.

@jeremynordland They could do it the same with Mach-E and any other EV, what is the point of this blabber about 400 miles?

EPA ratings are big no-no. Tesla rates their car at 75F (as they feel compelled to be the best range donkeys) while others at 32F(so owners are not bitching about less range at colder temperature and happy with extra range in the summer). There is no stipulation in EPA about EV, despite known issue with huge battery capacity variances vs. temperature. It is all up to manufacturer moral standards.

dmastro | 19 novembre 2019

@WantMY: First time I've heard this about mileage ratings at extreme temperatures, do you have an authoritative source for this information?

kevin_rf | 19 novembre 2019

He posted it on the internet so it must be true.

@dmastro It would help to look at other EV forums to understand. You would not get anywhere by reading this forum full of trolls and "other EV" haters. You know your Tesla at least what is delivers at what temperature, but do not worry, there will be a bunch of new clueless Tesla owners beaching about 30% range loss very soon here. My EV never delivered EPA range even when I got it to 4miles range left, but difference with yours - my overdelivers every single time and by huge margin, in your Tesla world it would translate to LR RWD range of 400 miles actually, so how many ever got this here? - none! And I know why my EV does it and why Tesla does it differently. My current EV would run circles around "most efficient Model 3", Tesla is not even close my friend. So keep comparing with e-tron and Jaguar, Bolt, Leaf and other low efficiency EVs, if it makes you happier.

I forgot what a weirdo @WanyMY is. Thanks for the reminder weirdo.

His magic EV that will remain nameless?

Yup. I'm at least 24% convinced he's another racball/pescado alt.
Doesn't have the same posting style as them though.

@lbow

Yeah, totally forgot about that funny storyline of his. It's been a while.

Who has a secret perfect EV. Lol.

He wanted a Model Y, but for some reason can't afford one. It might have to do with a bad attitude.

Xerogas | 19 novembre 2019

@Mike UpNorth_: "Who has a secret perfect EV. Lol."
------
I’m guessing it’s an e-bike. Pretty good Wh/mile

Good point!

Because the EPA doesn’t define test conditions? That’s the premise?

@lbow
Because other manufacturers would never do anything to make their test results look better than they really are. VAGidiot

vmulla | 19 novembre 2019

Prompt me when it's a good time to nuke the thread.

Seems like the orchestrated, long con deceptions have gone dormant. Mostly just shallow minded one liner attacks and character assaults. I’m glad, it was making me tired

jebinc | 19 novembre 2019

-@vamulla

Consider yourself prompted.

jnordland | 19 novembre 2019

@WantMY here's your statement in regards to achieving 400 miles of range in a Model 3 "no they wont, the vampire drain and resistive heater would not let it happen ever, lol"

I pointed out how your statement was demonstrated to be false.Then you changed your narrative. Care to share this super secret super EV you drive so your claims can be fact-checked? Or you just going to continue to spew FUD? Thought so....

ReD eXiLe ms us | 19 novembre 2019

dmastro: OK. Since you obviously already have been, please feel free to ignore my posts. I'll continue to bore someone else instead. ;-)

"Bueller...? Bueller...? ... Bueller...?"

"Audi owners seeing 204 rated range but 240 estimated range" Not quite sure what that means."@TeslaTap.com

Audi looks to have oversized the battery and likely got over it's listed 204 miles on on the EPA tests. In driving a friends around on the weekend with just home charging, the range kept showing as 240 miles not 204 miles. Suspiciaon in the EV media is Audi put in a cushion fo unused battery so the 200 miles becomes a real 200 miles with no caveats for cold weather or aggressive driving or phantom losses. In effect insulating the owner from the vagaries of Li-ion batteries.

Tesla did something similar with the LR AWD and announcing upping it's range to 322 which was likely what Tesla got on the original EPA tests.

jebinc | 19 novembre 2019

What happened to the @Joshan scenario thread? When I returned from dinner it looks like he took it down as it seems to have vaporized.

Remove the word “likely” and “suspicion” from the above statement and what do you have?

@lbowroom

There is no substance with or without those words. He continues to manufacture nonsense .

@vmulla | November 19, 2019

Prompt me when it's a good time to nuke the thread.
-------
If we.let FiSH hold us hostage by forcing us to nuke our threads , he wins. There was some decent discussion in here before he arrived.

Pages