Forums

Taycan delivery delayed ~10+ weeks

Taycan delivery delayed ~10+ weeks

https://insideevs.com/news/383171/porsche-taycan-delivery-delay/

"Taycan is our first fully electric sports car. The car is developed from scratch and manufactured in a brand new factory. All Porsche employees have worked with full pressure to start delivering Taycan as scheduled in January. Still, as a result of the enormous complexity surrounding the production of Taycan, we must report that unfortunately the delivery dates are somewhat delayed.

We currently expect delays of around eight to ten weeks, and a new production time for your car will be communicated through your seller as soon as this is ready. We strongly apologize and guarantee that we will do everything we can to deliver your Porsche Taycan as soon as possible."

jimglas | 19 novembre 2019

strongly apologize?

Bighorn | 19 novembre 2019

Don’t call us, we’ll call you.

nukequazar | 19 novembre 2019

Sounds like Tesla, except EM never apologizes for anything.

He just says, eff you, I’m rich, I’ll say what I want and do what I want.

He just says, eff you, I’m rich, I’ll say what I want and do what I want.

TeslaTap.com | 19 novembre 2019

Considering the Mission-E/Taycan was announced back in September 2015, it seems Porsche is far slower than Tesla at well over 4 years. It looks like 2020 now before a single Taycan is delivered. Maybe making EVs isn't so easy after all.

Tesla Model S - Shown April-2009, delivered July-2012, and this was the first complete car Tesla ever made. I wonder why Porsche is so slow?

@nuke Elon has apologized many times for unexpected delays. I guess you don't listen very well. Never heard him make the quote you attribute to him. Can you identify where/when you heard it?

I’m sensing some daddy issues.

Nuke and Fish are feeling silly after heavy fluffing for Porsche

carlk | 19 novembre 2019

The Mission E/Taycan unveiling happened about a year before Tesla unveiled the Model 3. And Porsche is supposed to have decades of car making experiences? That just tells how different the two companies are. Whatever the production problem Porsche is seeing now that will need ten weeks to fix Elon would just gather his people and tell them we'll do it together and get it fixed by next week.

@TT, it’s not a quote, hence the lack of quotation marks. Maybe you don’t read very well. For someone who runs a business, you should be more tactful. I’m just a customer and observer here.

I would guess that the delays are because a company like Porsche cannot deliver beta vehicles, and they cannot hemorrhage cash like a startup can. It’s why startups like Amazon can put companies like Sears out of business. It’s the economics of it.

You’re right, he apologizes for absolutely egregious statements that threaten his wealth, like the 420 tweet and accusing someone he’d never met of being a pedophile. Such a gentleman.

Oh, and if you read the article, “Apparently, it's not just Tesla that runs into early issues with production and delivery.”

And this was a letter to one Norwegian buyer, not the globe.

I guess you guys bag on Porsche so much because you’re scared that it may actually be a better car. Boohoo.

The 420 tweet being a lie that cost people millions of dollars, and a reference to addicts smoking pot after school. So nice.

NKYTA | 19 novembre 2019

TSLA near $360, shorties coming out to through around some extra FUD.

DRFLGD | 19 novembre 2019

nuke: and the roadster 2.0 will blow the Taycan out of the water. Since we're comparing apples to oranges.

@DRFLGD, it surely will in a drag race. The rest is yet to be seen. Tesla just doesn't have the experience in engineering great handling cars yet. The "Plaid S" at the 'Ring was a race car not a car we can order. And don't forget the Roadster is $200k-$250k so it better be competitive with Taycan.

carlk | 19 novembre 2019

"Tesla just doesn't have the experience in engineering great handling cars yet."

What are your experiences with Porsche and Tesla? Many people on this board did have good experiences with both. Some have good reputation in the Porsche community too. We know how these cars handle, likely better than you do.

Nuke is having a meltdown

TeslaTap.com | 19 novembre 2019

"Tesla just doesn't have the experience in engineering great handling cars yet."

Porsche has no experience in engineering an EV. I guess that means they must have a really poor car.

Silly statements both ways that mean nothing.

Porsche has decades of high end automotive engineering, especially of world class sports cars. They have spent four years designing an EV. It’s likely to drive well. As we see, it has shortcomings in range, likely as a tradeoff for the performance standards they demand to meet. Not silly at all but keep trying, TT.

Also Tesla has put all their R&D into EV and autopilot tech so it’s fair that handling is not their forte.

And I never said Tesla is a really “poor” handling car. It’s just not up to the standards of a sport sedan in its price range or any sports car.

TabascoGuy | 19 novembre 2019

Nuke,
Is "EV and autopilot tech" the easy part and "handling" is the hard part?

And now there’s a car that competes in that arena. That’s great. Very exciting. Unfortunately it’s very expensive. That’s a bummer. There will be more competition coming. It’s all good, as the kids say.

nuke: The Taycan 4S starts at $103K, goes from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds and has a top speed of 155 MPH. And that's with just a 79.2 kWh battery. To get a 93.4 kWh battery, it's another $7K. Starting. To get the "Turbo" models, you're looking at another $50K. Again starting.

The existence of Taycan has already pushed Tesla to lower the Model S price to something more appropriate, and it’s pushing Tesla to improve performance, as evidenced by their building a race car and jumping on a plane. It’s all good for all.

@DRFLGD, I know. It’s in the range of a loaded model s and x a few months ago.

nuke: Depends on how much the extras cost. And no OTA updates or FSD.

The advanced cruise control features may actually be comparable to what Tesla has now aside from summon. OTA has been described as “not yet.”

Plus Taycan has night vision, as well as CarPlay and integrated Apple Music. Far superior to Slacker nonsense and low fidelity Spotify.

Yes "night vision assist" adds another $2500 and adaptive cruise control adds $3600. The premium sound system adds almost $6000. Hence the significantly higher price tag.

Ross1 | 19 novembre 2019

Hey the stock price actually went up (VOW)

Higher the price, the higher the status
yes, fish actually said this
and probably believes it

@jim
Is he melting down or just overreacting?

Darthamerica | 19 novembre 2019

0-60 has you guys bamboozled. Just the fact that Tesla has development cars on The Ring going through constant mods a year out from the earliest possible release should be a hint today's Model S wasn't built for the same kind of performance as Taycan which has by far superior performance and handling. These cars aren't even in the same universe in that respect. The same for MFF.

SamO | 19 novembre 2019

I don’t think anyone who doesn’t understand the physics of CO2 should accuse anyone else of being bamboozled.

Lulz

@SamO since you don’t understand it, then that explains why you think we are in a climate crisis and you’re getting fooled by politicians who use your ignorance scam you out of tax money. But that’s not what this thread is about, you’re too stupid to understand even if I cared to correct you and your strawman attempt to appeal to other ignorant AGW zealots to hide that you don’t know shiiid about the thread topic is recognized. Get back on topic or back off jack off.

SamO | 19 novembre 2019

One of us understands how science works and one of us a confused right wing ideologue with daddy issues.

:-)

Meanwhile, Exxon admits burning fossil fuels warms the planet.

Another strawman distraction. No one is saying it doesn't affect the environmental. Everyone credible admits however that we don't know to what extent, it's not an immediate threat, the benefits by far outweigh the cost and there isn't a damn thing YOU or anyone else can do about it.

SamO | 19 novembre 2019

Elon Musk will save us all whether you like it or not.

Meanwhile, TSLA Jim Chanos capitulated with $175M in losses and Trump is getting impeached.

And ...Bernie Sanders will be the next President.

This day is just getting better and better.

#FeelTheBern

SamO | 19 novembre 2019

TSLA short

"Elon Musk will save us...Sanders will be the next President”...Think about what you just wrote for a bit! I’m happy to accept that as your opinion and that you truly believe it. Now let’s put that aside for a dedicated thread and get back on topic.

SamO | 19 novembre 2019

Ok Boomer.

Daisy the Road ... | 19 novembre 2019

Holy defensive overreaction, Batman.
Who knew the Porsche fan boys had such thin skin?

MaximumS | 20 novembre 2019

Can't say anything good about either side of politics, I hate them all equally :)
... but the Porsche fanboys beating the trashcan drum do keep forgetting that all the mech-engineering tom-foolery that goes on under the bonnet of an ICE car does not really buy you much credibility in the EV space. It's a totally different branch of engineering, battery tech is king, and Tesla have a good head-start.
Yes MS is not a sports car, but Porsche drivers _DO_ car about 0-100 times, and they are not happy about cars costing 1/3 what they paid can kick their ass in a street fight.

MaximumS | 20 novembre 2019

_DO_ car --> _DO_ care

Mark K | 20 novembre 2019

BEV technology is different from ICE, so at this moment, Tesla actually has the greater experience base.

Every new product takes time to shake out, so it’s not surprising that Taycan is delayed a few months. Remember that Etron also had issues, resulting in a mass recall and delay.

This will sort out. At least VAG is getting started on making the shift. That’s good.

What they need to lose is these paid shills like Darth and Nuke, that push all this puffery about how much more experience Porsche has than Tesla. It’s false narrative. Honestly that stuff just is a big tuenitt

When news like this comes out, it really shines a light in th BS the shills wrote, touting Porsche as ‘pros’ and Tesla as newbies. BEVs are a new arena, and VAG needs time to get good at it.

Bighorn | 20 novembre 2019

What I find particularly ridiculous is the idea that Porsche knows better how to negotiate turns and bumps because they’ve been at this longer, as though some institutional memory is necessary to understand engineering and that employees don’t freely move between companies.

RedShift | 20 novembre 2019

@BH

While there is credence to Porsche’s suspension tuning ability, from experience I know that Tesla has some really good chassis engineers. Model 3 is exhibit A. Drive it any form. Not just the P3D. It’s a proper sports sedan. The trade off between ride and handling is pretty good.

What I find more ridiculous is the insistence that “we know” (“it’s PROVEN”) that a 5100 hulk handles better without having driven it.

Typical know-nothing internet shills.

Pages