Forums

Automatic overtaking

Automatic overtaking

I'm a little confused.

I have 2019.40.50.1, and AP3 hardware in my late 2019 Model S. My friend has the same software and hardware in his model 3, but has an autopilot option for automatic overtaking, whereas I do not.

I thought that given the same AP hardware the models 3 and S on the same software revision should be comparable in features.

Have I misunderstood something? Or have they just not released this for the Model S yet for some reason?

Nich

EVRider | 30 décembre 2019

Are you referring to automatic lane changes in Navigate on Autopilot (NoA) or something else? There are no differences in Autopilot functionality between Model S/X and Model 3 as far as I know, given the same hardware and software version.

If you are talking about lane changes in NoA, those can be configured to happen with or without confirmation by the driver. Maybe your friend has turned off confirmations and you haven't.

nukequazar | 30 décembre 2019

@Nich, do you have FSD or just AP?

nich | 31 décembre 2019

I have FSD and hardware 3.

I believe that I am talking about lane changes on NoA, but I don't seem to have an option to configure no confirmation, whereas my friend with the model 3, does.

EVRider | 31 décembre 2019

The setting is under Controls > Autopilot > Navigate on Autopilot > Customize Navigate on Autopilot. Definitely not specific to Model 3.

If you don’t see that setting, do you and your friend live in different countries? Some features are not available everywhere.