Forums

Select Mac destination on phone app

Select Mac destination on phone app

It would be really good if you could put a destination on the Tesla app and then it be transferred to the Tesla when you get into the car. That would save quite a bit of time

JPPTM | 12 Janvier 2020

Just use your favorite mapping app (like Apple Maps or Google), bring up your destination, then intrinsic to the Apple iOS you cah share the destination. Once choice is your Tesla app. Share and it will push the destination to your Tesla nav. Easy.

Or in your Calendar, add a destination to a Calendar item (2nd line of the calendar entry). If you are sharing your Calendar with your Tesla, then when you get into your car, it will automatically set nav to that destination. If not, just bring up your iPhone Calendar on the Tesla touchscreen and select the destination.

2 easy ways--show me another car that does it.

1scallawag | 12 Janvier 2020

Can’t show it to you because I traded it in on my A M3 but my 2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG does this. I use it all the time on both my M3Ps and Used it on the AMG

Pg3ibew | 13 Janvier 2020

Not sure how Apple phones work, because I am an Android user. But, I do the same exact thing as JPPTM. It works perfectly.

EVRider | 13 Janvier 2020

The calendar method is the easiest, and with recent builds the car will automatically navigate to the calendar address for upcoming events.

82bert | 13 Janvier 2020

As mentioned above, this is definitely available in various forms and not complicated. Map method with sharing to Tesla app vs inputting in your calendar and being sure to share/sync calendar with Tesla.

hokiegir1 | 13 Janvier 2020

I use the share from google maps all the time. Nice when the passenger is looking up a place to eat and can just send it to the car so the driver doesn't need to do anything.

gmr6415 | 13 Janvier 2020

@hokiegir1, I'm assuming the the "passenger" is doing that from their phone? It would be really nice if it could be done from the web browser on the car's touchscreen. Or is that what you are saying...that it can be done from the web browser?

hokiegir1 | 13 Janvier 2020

@gmr - yes, passenger does it from their phone. When it's me, I find that much easier than trying to do things on the screen. I mean, if I was going to search on the car, I'd just do the "I'm feeling hungry," but we like to look at menus and reviews first.

gmr6415 | 13 Janvier 2020

@hokiegir1, Thanks for the clarification. I was think more of when sitting in a parking lot looking for something specific on the web browser or when the passenger is using the web browser.

For example we were in Asheville, NC for the holidays last year. Not knowing the area I used the web browser a lot to find things. (That was back when it wasn't working all that well though) At my age smart phone screens aren't big enough for the detail. For those situations It would be nice to send a location from the web browser to navigation.