Forums

Ordering accessories from Tesla

Ordering accessories from Tesla

I just ordered another FOB for my Model 3. Tesla's response was " OK - got your order we'll let you know if and when we decide to ship it". In these days of ordering from almost any on-line source, Amazon comes to mind, the response was not very professional. Also, I feel like whining.

NorthValley | 15 Janvier 2020

Hilarious! If and when! Love the attitude!

derotam | 15 Janvier 2020

I guess it is against the rules for a company to make a joke.

andy.connor.e | 15 Janvier 2020

Customers dont have a sense of humor anymore. Its me me me complain complain life is hell.

derotam | 15 Janvier 2020

They should add that statement when people purchase FSD, HAHAHA

mikesafh | 15 Janvier 2020

Whether or not that was the exact message received back from Tesla, I do have to agree with syclone that ordering accessories from Tesla is still very rough around the edges. I would have expected to have the order status be part of my online history if nothing else.

I ordered the snow tire package last year but they didn’t come in time so they did let me cancel over the phone.

I ordered them again this year, mainly so I can get new curb-rash-free rims too, and it’s been two and a half weeks without any way to see what the status is, let alone an update.

This shouldn’t be that hard. And it’s also relatively insignificant for me and trivial in the grand scheme of things, but has a big impact on customer experience and shouldn’t be all that hard to do right now.

NorthValley | 15 Janvier 2020

I placed 5 orders on Tesla (from mid October thru beginning December) as I purchased bits and pieces before taking delivery of the car. I ordered the interior floor liners, tire kit, phone charger, roof blinds, trunk liners and wall connector. All arrived without a hitch. I received an email confirmation followed by (usually within 2 or 3 days) an email with tracking number. All orders arrived within 5-10 days after ordering. I thought the Tesla shop was a great service.