Forums

Tesla Cyber Truck with Jay Leno

Tesla Cyber Truck with Jay Leno

Here is the YouTube video or Jay Leno driving the Tesla Cyber Truck - man it's an ugly machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21AGjWS4oQA

JimShaw | 23 mai 2020

All I get is a GMC pickup owned by Elvis

M3phan | 24 mai 2020
Magic 8 Ball | 24 mai 2020

Video posted by M3phan is the good one. Some good info. in that video including the production CT will be 5% smaller than the prototype. Overall Leno was impressed. I believe the full episode will be on Leno's show later this week.

M3phan | 24 mai 2020

Saw Leno do a walk thru of his garage (more like three airplane hangars lol) on TV last week. Impressive size impressively packed with impressive automotive specimens.

Bighorn | 24 mai 2020

Musk has subsequently tweeted that CT will not be shrunk.

geedub1023 | 24 mai 2020

@M8B Another post "Smaller Cybertruck" from Ross1 seems to indicate that Elon scrapped his plan to make the production CT 5% smaller. I think Elon's idea to make it smaller to fit in a homeowners garage was a good one, hopefully he will reconsider if he did scrap that smaller version.

Magic 8 Ball | 24 mai 2020

Needs full SEC investigation to be sure. /s

SamO | 24 mai 2020

Reviewed design with Franz last night. Even 3% smaller is too small. Will be pretty much this size. We’ll probably do a smaller, tight world truck at some point.

andy.connor.e | 24 mai 2020

yep i read that as well. will be fine for me, others not so much.

WW_spb | 24 mai 2020

Fuck I want my CyberTruck nooowwww!

TeslaTap.com | 24 mai 2020

For those just tuning in - Jay owns a blue Model S, and it has appeared in his garage in the background on quite a few shows. There was also this fun segment back in 2015: http://nosleepatall.com/jay-leno-cobra-gets-taken-out-by-granny-in-tesla/

TabascoGuy | 24 mai 2020

I'm wondering what all the concern about the size of the CT is. I have (what I consider is) a standard 2 1/2 stall garage. It measures 19' 8" from the back curb to the inside of the garage door. I'm sure if I back in until the rear wheels touch the curb, there is 3' past the curb that back of the truck could overhang, there would still be enough room to walk between the front of the truck and the garage door when it's closed.

rob | 24 mai 2020

@TabascoGuy
I believe the prettype CT is 19' 4". That leaves you 4 inches of space to work with. My garage is 2" shorter than yours. That is a concern for me.

But Elon said production would be 5% smaller. That's almost a foot less. I hope they go w/ the smaller size.

Xerogas | 24 mai 2020

As Bighorn noted from Elon’s tweet, it will not be smaller. Not even 3% smaller. They’re sticking with the original prototype size.

Lonestar10_1999 | 24 mai 2020

@Xerogas- to rob’s point, the size of the CT is giving prospective buyers reasons to nix the purchase because their home will not accommodate the CT easily.

This reminds me of the initial release of the Lincoln Navigator, which had the longest wheel base and longer overall than any stock SUV. For those who bought it thinking bigger is better, were sad when they got it home to find it wouldn’t fit in the garage.

Bighorn | 24 mai 2020

Pick ups usually live outside.

rob | 24 mai 2020

@Bighorn
True. But a CT will draw unwanted attention. I can always install cameras. But the CT will be very unique when its first shipped. And I bet there will be tourists around the house.

SamO | 24 mai 2020

What can they do to the car? It’s made of 31x stainless steel and has bulletproof glass and cameras that record 24-7.

Ross1 | 24 mai 2020

With the towbar fitted as you would, 20 ft

TeslaTap.com | 24 mai 2020

Not only is it long, but it also looks to be quite tall. With 35" tires, this is a monster (in a good way). No way would it fit in my garage without hitting the top of the garage door. Then again, it could be an effective way to remove the door, and maybe the beam above the door as well :)

Shesmyne2 | 24 mai 2020

Show on Wednesday night 5/27 I believe. 10pm, NBC or affiliate?

Still Grinning ;-)

Shesmyne2 | 24 mai 2020

Show on Wednesday night 5/27 I believe. 10pm, NBC or affiliate?

Still Grinning ;-)

SamO | 24 mai 2020

CNBC I think.

andy.connor.e | 25 mai 2020

i guess cybertruck will be a revolutionary joke

WW_spb | 25 mai 2020

When I see Fish working hard on trolling I know for sure Tesla is doing something right. Hey Seabass don't cry when my CyberTruck looks badass next to you MoME.

roberts | 26 mai 2020

I have only a single car garage, and that is reserved for my M3. My future cybertruck is going to live outside regardless of its size.

WW_spb | 26 mai 2020

Your*

LostInTx | 26 mai 2020

@bighorn - every truck I've owned lives outside. Unfortunately, every Tesla charger I've owned lives inside. I wasn't able to fit my Tundra in the garage - probably no way a CT would fit either.

From a sales perspective, size, in this case too much size, matters.

Bighorn | 26 mai 2020

@Lost
Agree about charging. Will probably build a garage that accommodates the CT or install an outdoor charger. To date, I’ve made zero investment for charging infrastructure for the cars.

SamO | 26 mai 2020

The HPWC is waterproof so there is no reason you can’t put it on the outside of a garage as cheaply and easily as inside.