With all the new (future) owners now here (congrats btw) ... I thought I'd start a post on useful messaging when describing the EV paradigm. Here is what I have ... please add to the list guys!!
- It's like the difference between a jet and a propeller airplane
- With a gas car, you refuel when you use it. With an electric you refuel when you aren't using it. This actually makes electrics more convenient to refuel!
- No one would consider buying a gas powered refrigerator ...
- Pollution matters. In some cities people can't breath. Breathing is non negotiable.
- Electric cars are simple. They have no transmission, the engine has just one moving part, and there is no cooling, gas, exhaust, alternator, or starter, and you hardly ever use the brakes. They should last much longer than an ICE age car.
- Fuel costs 1/3 to 1/4 vs gas depending where you live.
- On road trips you refuel only enough to make your destination ... my Supercharger stops are often just 10 minutes!