Forums

I just noticed a missing Paint color for model X and S

I just noticed a missing Paint color for model X and S

Which then I'm assuming wont be available for model 3.

I don't see a Titanium Metallic anymore. It was still there last week when I checked ~~~

gabrielwklam | 7 octobre 2016

What other colors would you like them to have?

topher | 7 octobre 2016

Basic White disappeared as well.

Thank you kindly.

RSavage_92024 | 7 octobre 2016

I REALLY hope Pure White will be available on the Model 3. I'm surprised to see it pulled from the S and X. We have LOTS of Teslas around these parts and easily half are Pure White. Not sure why it would be discontinued.

Ehninger1212 | 7 octobre 2016

Pure white is literally the only color I want...

Efontana | 7 octobre 2016

I am the same way on white. But color choices may be a way to do a selection on the demographic profile of the people who drive these. Maybe white will get offered later, after the tax incentives have expired?

lilbean | 7 octobre 2016

I spoke with a Tesla employee and was told that white and titanium were discontinued to simplify customers' experience and showcase the more popular colors.

Red Sage ca us | 8 octobre 2016

All your Black are belong to us!

RSavage_92024 | 8 octobre 2016

"I spoke with a Tesla employee and was told that white and titanium were discontinued to simplify customers' experience and showcase the more popular colors."

Don't you just love marketing BS? I'm so grateful they are being considerate of making my 'experience' less complicated by eliminating the ONLY POSSIBLE color I would have considered. Additionally, it's interesting that they now have only a single color that doesn't carry a price premium....I'm thinking this move was more about their bottom line rather and less about my 'experience'.

Color me disappointed. No white...no Tesla.

lilbean | 8 octobre 2016

I know. This makes no sense. I see so many white Teslas. It seems like the most popular color to me. White looks great.

Ehninger1212 | 8 octobre 2016

That's so stupid, I hope they bring it back. Alot can change in a year anyways.

jamilworm | 8 octobre 2016

@ilbean, maybe most of the whites they sell are the pearl white multi-coat, which they still offer. Perhaps customers were confused about the two whites and that's why they got rid of one. Although then I don't know why they'd still have two blacks.

cars | 8 octobre 2016

Well they have to have at least one colour (Solid Black in this case) that is non-metallic and a base-price paint.

Efontana | 8 octobre 2016

Let's see how it plays out. No matter the motives, it is a bit of a good faith test on the advertised price.

If Elon were smart enough to recognize the importance of goodwill, it would be 'one price any color you want.'

Maybe he is starting to get customer confusion: Wall Street or customers? Who do you serve? Maybe there are GM or BMW aspirations there?

Maybe he spends to much time with analysts and has forgotten about the customers?

Ed

bryandbaker | 8 octobre 2016

Fewer colors, or anytime fewer options/combinations are offered, speeds up production and increases margin. Both are obviously important goals, especially right now as Tesla goes lean where it can given the high cost demands of Model 3 ramp up and Solar City integration.

Just the same... super-disappointing. Titanium was beautiful and by far my first pick. I would not be surprised to see some of these colors return as "signature" colors with the Model 3 release. Let's hope they don't forget about signature red, that is the best of the lot.

lilbean | 8 octobre 2016

@jamilworm, Perhaps the employees or robots were confused. I saw a picture of a pearl white Model X with a solid white bumper.

Captain_Zap | 8 octobre 2016

So far Tesla has discontinued all the colors I liked. Signature Red, Titanium and Brown. Hmph!

gregcropper | 8 octobre 2016

Maybe those colors have a higher VOC content than the other colors.

I think it is paint change over and set up time for colors that do not have enough demand. But with their order model the cost is almost fictional. Maybe they are fighting ghosts of outdated production models?

I think it is paint change over and set up time for colors that do not have enough demand. But with their order model the cost is almost fictional. Maybe they are fighting ghosts of outdated production models?

jordanrichard | 8 octobre 2016

Hey, Ford had no problem selling millions of Model Ts, which were virtually all black.

I am sure everyone has heard the expression, "...you can this car in any color you want, as long as it's black". That is based in truth. Henry Ford found that black paint dried faster than say red. So he could crank out more black cars per a given time than other colors, which in turn made his per unit cost less.

Ebdew1 | 9 octobre 2016

I'm hoping for a Steely Blue and I'll match it up with black wheel if that's possible.